Determining the better odds

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Sep 23, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gambling and sports betting can be dangerous games because we can lose our money, but if we do our homework it just might also be a good way to make good money. I have a friend who used to work for a bet company making odds and sometimes he spotted odds poorly created, meaning good chances to make money. If you received such a tip, would you take the chance?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From an expert at betting, such a tip would be useful. I'd definitely spend some money and see if I'd win. But I'm certain there's no guarantee you'll win.

The only surefire way to make money with sports betting imho is Matched Betting. Yes you'll lose some money occasionally but it's much safer than betting for one outcome because the odds of you losing get struck down to 1/3.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Betting is beatable if you do your research everyday into picks and have a strong understanding of the league your betting in. For instance, betting is a lot easier if you knew something the Mariners offense was averaging 5.6 RPG and Felix Hernandez was on the mound. Or that Madison Bumgarner is a great play tonight because he's absolutely crushing everyone the past 2 months.

It's all about finding a betting style that suits you (runlines, spread, etc) and having a good knowledge of the sport to be successful as a sports capper

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the thing indeed, we need to research and analyze the odds that are being offered and even so there is always a risk, depending if you are willing to bet $10 or $1000. I have never made such a big bet, but at the same time if I had a solid tip and the money available I might just go for it, easy money right?