Getting rid of soreness/tightness in your knees?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Thejamal • Sep 23, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    So these days, the big thing that really holds me back from a great workout is my knees tend to tighten up and I have to slow up and go easy the rest of the way. I stretch and hydrate before I workout and some of my workouts they don't tighten up, but it's still a recurring problem. Anyone have something similar bother them or any ideas of how to alleviate some of the stress on knees?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a similar problem with my knees. I had it checked out by an osteopath, who told me that my hips were misaligned and that I needed to work on strengthening certain muscles to keep my knees working optimally. I received some gentle adjustments, took magnesium supplements and started to go swimming every day. Swimming has helped me a lot. Gentle stretching exercises in a swimming pool will work wonders.

3. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I have somewhat bad knees from my days of playing football, and when I started running regularly I wasn't long being in extreme pain. I second the swimming recommendation. It will strengthen the muscles around your knees and you'll magically find that the pain and stiffness goes away. I also find cycling to be great for your knees and muscles, but you really need to be careful to ensure that your bike is correctly set up.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, good calls. I unfortunately don't have good access to a swimming pool where I live, but maybe I'll start adjusting my cardio at the gym to the bicycle instead of the treadmill or running on the track.

Are the magnesium supplements something you got cleared by your doctor? And did they help?