Organic Gardening

Discussion in Home & Garden started by wvboarder • Sep 23, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Where do you purchase supplies for organic gardening. I have been working in my own garden for 3 years but next Spring I would like to switch to organic for the health benefits. I have never even looked into that aspect for gardening so I was wondering where the best supplies were from. I would also love some tips on organically controlling insects and weeds if you have any. Any helpful hints are appreciated.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I go on Pinterest and find a lot of great organic gardening supply ideas. You can purchase 'organic' supplies but they are expensive and you may not be guaranteed that they are truly green. There are so many things we use everyday that are great for our gardens; left over coffee grinds and egg shells are two that come to mind. If you make up your mind to keep up with weeding and watch for bug bites that you do not want there, you will be able to keep up and maintain your garden without having to use harsh chemicals or growing agents to make your garden beautiful. Then you will be able to eat your vegetables with ease of mind knowing that it is clean. Don't be afraid of a worm or two, that's a natural part of things that come out of the ground. There are a ton of sites out there and once you get started, you won't want to go back. This is going to save your pocket book too!

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a local store here that sells organic gardening supplies and equipment for competitively low prices. I rarely spend so much extra on organic supplies compared to non-organic ones that I feel like I've wasted money. You'll pay a slight premium no matter where you go, but you can always create your own supplies in many cases to save some cash. I agree with checking out Pinterest for great ideas related to organic gardening.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to go organic as well because I have a lot of vegetables in my garden. Sadly, organic fertilizers and other supplies are very expensive here in my country.