Why Jordin Sparks & Jason Derulo Parted Ways

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 28, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    It's been the topic of several celebrity-related discussions, from "time immemorial" it seems. "Most celebrities just aren't good at relationships"

Does this statement have any truth to it? Or is it a mindset that dwells within even persons who are not necessarily "in the spotlight", but who aren't yet ready to commit but "want to have their cake and eat it too"?

My thoughts are inspired by the recent break-up of celebrity couple, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo, loved and admired by many, particularly for their three-year relationship with each other.

As I joined others in somewhat "mourning the passing" of this relationship, it occurred to me that "yet another celebrity break-up" had just occurred. Too often, we have become disappointed by celebrities who show several signs of a promising and lasting relationship, and even spend what seemed to be a lifetime together but, at the end of the day, still chose to call it "quits"

My question to you is: What inspires such break-ups? Is it because they are distracted and pressured by the constant attention offered by "the Holywood life"? Is it because they were "never really in it for the "forever" part of it? Or are there some other reasons that I haven't touched on, which have led to the seemingly rampant rate of celebrity break-ups?
    paparazzi.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did they break up? I didn't even know they were together. I'm sometimes out of the loop on some of these gossip topics. I'm not really into all of that celebrity gossip stuff. Still, I do wonder about certain famous people.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wasn't aware they broke up but I just think it's the world they live in. Celebrities are people too. They just inhabit a different style of life. It has to be much of the time either scheduling or pressure. The pressure is immense because you're constantly put under a microscope.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think break-ups are very personal and a case to case basis, so it's hard to generalize, but from Jason and Jordin's relationship, I read that Jordin is pressuring Jason to marry her, so they broke up. I guess that's just the right thing to do if you don't see eye to eye with important issues such as marriage.

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That certainly is a serious issue over which to debate! I hadn't caught wind of the possibility that pressure toward marriage might have been involved, but sad to say, that issue has led to the dissolution of several relationships in the past. Whereas I do agree, that they should definitely break from the relationship if it is that they don't see "eye-to-eye" on how the course of the relationship will pan out for the future, I also think that there shouldn't have been a relationship in the first place, if both parties weren't completely sure that marriage was the end-goal.
    Yes, it's great to establish a relationship for the sake of companionship and friendship, but if those are the only goals of that bond, then it should be restricted to just that: a friendship. It's when intimacy and commitment are interspersed into this "mix" that things start to get...complicated, to say the least.
    There's no real point in forming and maintaining an intimate relationship with someone if both of you don't ever see each other together forever. It's great to be "practical", but "seeing where this relationship will go" can only take you so far and no more. After a while, you'll come to the realization that you aren't sure you view this relationship as the one you want to be your final one, and then that's when the doubts start to creep in.
    A woman really can't pressure a man to marry her. She can insist on it, "nag" him on the topic, and even threaten to leave him, but in the end, if he doesn't feel 100% confident that she's the woman of his dreams, then there's no real guarantee that that relationship is going to last. In fact, there's more of a guarantee that it won't.

6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I read that they broke up. I read that it wasn't over cheating, but I have a feeling that cheating was involved. It seems like a lot of couples are breaking up for some reason or another. Maybe it is the pressures of Hollywood constantly being in their relationship. Celebrity couples have to work harder in order to make their relationship work because people are always in their business.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I agree, I think some men or women aren't really into marriage and are just into the relationship.I know someone who was dumped by his now ex-gf of 6 years because he doesn't want to get married. He's in another relationship now since 2010 and now they bought a house and are paying for it monthly, but still no marriage plans. I guess they don't see getting married as important unlike some people. After all it's just a piece of contract, and if you break up, there will be a costly annulment or divorce plus alimony.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I was kind of sad to hear that they broke up. I wasn't really following their relationship all that much but in passing I heard they were together a bit back and saw them adorable pictures of them and looked so much in love. I think people in general aren't all that great in relationship but it becomes more noticeable when its a celebrity.