Cheapest Countries

Discussion in Travel started by lizzief79 • Sep 29, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    What are the cheapest countries to travel to? By this, I don't mean flights or transport. I am talking about the cost once you are there on things like food, drink and activities. It always seems to end with me spending much more than I had expected to when I go on holiday.

2. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    lizzief79! I am a tourist and I have great interest in tourism. It is a very expensive hobby but now it became my passion. I have visited many countries. According to me India, Indonesia, Thailand and other Asian countries are very cheap. Recently I came from India. I found it a nice and a low priced country. There you can see many stunning and charming beaches, Ancient monuments, Religious places, Amusement parks and dazzling desert. I am sure you will enjoy there.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Within Europe probably Poland. Food is incredibly cheap, as are alcohol and tobacco. Accommodation is pretty cheap too, although not always the best quality. You can really get by on very little in Poland, transport within the country is pretty cheap too.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thailand and most Asian countries can be very cheap to travel around and nice hotels are very cheap too. In Malaysia you can eat well all day for a couple of dollars and a a room to yourself in some parts can be less than $10 per night depending on the location. Cities cost more, but you can negotiate in many places. Travel by train or bus is very cheap so you don't need discounts, you can afford first class in Thailand, though the standards vary from the Western ones.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cost of living in most third world countries is low. That means as long as the place you intend to travel to is a safe zone, you could spend very little money once you get there. In South American, Ecuador is probably the cheapest travel destination. You could also try Panama.

Asian countries have already been mentioned so to Africa we go: the cost of living in many African countries is quite low but owing to security issues most of those countries are not safe to travel to. But one I'd recommend is Tanzania. If you love wildlife then this is probably the best place to visit and good thing is the cost of living is quite low.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend South East Asia with the exception of Singapore. Definitely your money's worth if you're into backpacking and cultural experience. Thailand has so many flea markets you'd love. Dresses can be bought in bulk at affordable prices. Vietnam has a wide variety of street stalls where you can taste authentic Vietnamese cuisine without hurting your pockets. Vietnamese dishes are delish, street food or not. I say the same for the Phils, Laos, Cambodia and Indonesia. If you want cheaper beaches though with white sands, then Philippines is it.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to Thailand and it was as cheap as people are saying, it's even hard to wrap your head around how cheap things are there.
    With what over here in the West is a modest amount of money, you can almost live like a king.
    Not to mention how amazing the food is, it's culinary heaven to me :)