Olay Fresh Effects S'Wipe Out Makeup Removal Cloths

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bright7 • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    First the good: These pre-moistened cloths have just the right about of makeup removal solution for me. They don't dry out, but they are not saturated with liquid either. They are just right. They removed my makeup well, and they did a good job removing waterproof mascara and gel eyeliner.

The bad: You only get 20 cloths per package and they cost more than $5.00.

The really bad: These cloths burn my eyes like no other makeup removal cloth or cleanser ever has. I've seriously never experienced anything like this. I've also read reports that these cloths can break you out although I have not had that problem.

Would I buy this product again: No, not even if I had a coupon making them free. They are a good makeup removal cloth, but they are not worth the eye discomfort.

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    That stinks you had those problems with the wipes. My daughters both use them and haven't really had any issues with them. They use them to remove their makeup and one wipe does the trick. They would rather have them than anything else. The problem I share with you is the price!! They are so super expensive and with having 2 daughters that use them it can certainly add up !!!

Another plus for me ( a mom thing) is they no longer use my towels to remove their eye make up!!! That was such a pain... I put a stop to it as soon as I saw it, but a few towels were ruined in the process. :(

Maybe try using another brand or one that is specific for people with allergies?

Hope this helps!
    Danyel :)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I just use baby wipes instead! They come in sensitive varieties and still wipe off the bulk of the makeup without any extra chemicals.

They don't break me out and they're much, much cheaper than wipes meant specifically for makeup.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think that I must be sensitive to one of the ingredients. I'm glad that your daughters had better luck with this product than I did. They really are very good at removing makeup; I just wish they made a sensitive version. You would think for that they would at least give you 30 cloths. Twenty just seems so skimpy.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't believe how expensive they are! I only buy them from the dollar store and they are pretty good. Other than that I do buy the moisturizing baby wipes as they are more economical and bigger.

Even when I use them, they are no substitute for a proper cleanser with water as they still leave a residue. They are great for traveling or late nights when you are too tired to take off your make-up properly, otherwise it can get very expensive to use them daily.

6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    My mother uses these wipes and she hasn't complained about it. I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with it. It does seem pretty expensive to use the wipes when you don't get that many wipes for the price.

7. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Yikes! I don't think those should burn your eyes. I've never had a problem, you could be allergic to something in them. Everybody is different though so that could be it. I will admit that aren't the best cloths, and especially with such a small amount of wipes it's a waste of money.

I did break out when I first started using them. I ended up giving the rest to my sister and she hasn't had any problems. I usually like Olay products but I won't buy these again either. I did have high hopes for them but I'm usually disappointed when I try new products.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Olay is my favorite drugstore skincare brand, but I have not tried these wipes yet. I'm surprised these burned your eyes because Play products tend to be mild and gentle on the skin. Then again, I know this Fresh Effects line is a bit more towards oily and acne prone skin so that must be why it's a bit aggressive. But I love Olay moisturizers.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am always suspicious of products that have been treated with chemicals, as obviously that's what it takes to create pre-moistened cloths. I never buy such products as I am too concerned about getting an allergic reaction. I use simple cotton pads with a gentle make-up remover from the health food store. It's not a big brand name, but a lotion that is made by a local company. I have never experienced any stinging in my eyes or other adverse effects from it. I think it's really worthwhile to invest in some natural product, even if it costs a little more.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing this. I have not had very good experiences with face wipes either. I find I feel like they leave a residue on my face that I need to wash off again, even when the package says you don't have to do that. So they don't save me any time because I might as well have just washed my face to get the makeup off in the first place. I am surprised that they are burning your eyes though, I have never heard of a face wipe doing that.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So basically this product effectively removes makeup but is pricey and not gentle to the eyes and skin. The fact that you felt a serious burning sensation on your eyes means that that product is made from harmful chemicals. Olay manufacturers and the people who formulated Olay should take note of this and amend its chemical composition. I am a little surprised that Olay could sell something like this given their track record for producing quality beauty products.