Suave Professionals

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DancingLady • Sep 29, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to think of Suave as a junky shampoo, and especially junky conditioner, but I've tried their new Suave Professionals and actually kind of like it. The conditioner is much, much better than their cheaper version (which didn't work for me). This one is actually thick enough and smooth enough to reduce tangling significantly and make my hair easy to brush. It's still a good price too, so I would have to say this is a win. I'm quite pleased that the company is now making some better products. Since I can't afford to buy the spendy stuff I like best, I will probably keep using this for a while.

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you... I used to buy the regular Suave for my kids because they didn't care either way but then stopped even buying it for them. It just didn't have much to it. You would have to use so much shampoo to even get it to work up into a later and I figure if you have to do that it's not a bargain after all! The conditioner just didn't do much for my hair either. I color my hair so I really need to use something that will work a little harder.

We have 6 people in our family so I don't like to spend a ton on shampoos so I tried the professional Suave as well and loved it ! It really does a nice job and you can tell it's a step up from the original. A great find!!

Danyel :)

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Is this the line in the gold tone bottles? I've been curious to try it, but I haven't because the regular line is not the greatest. I'll give it a try next time I see coupon for it (I have to have my coupons LOL). I'm glad you liked it. It gives me hope that this product will work better because their prices are very reasonable.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is the gold tone ones. I found it at Safeway. I looked at it a number of times and was kind of skeptical, but it went on sale and was a Checkout 51 deal item some weeks ago so I decided to try it since it was a good deal and I was needing to save some money. I have not tried the shampoo yet as I still have some of my old one. I would say it is definitely better than Pantene, maybe about the same as Tresemme, but it has a different feel.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most Suave products produce decent results for a person's hair, and the Professionals line offers even better results. These shampoos and conditioners are similar to the more expensive brands, but you'll often have to use a lot more for the same results. It's a trade-off that you make by getting such a low price on these products. You're often better off spending a little more on a better product that requires less to perform the same function.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never even heard of the Suave brand. Once in a while, when I am travelling around and can't get my usual hair products, I have to resort to the commercial aisle in the supermarket or at some pharmacy, trying to find a suitable shampoo or conditioner. It doesn't exactly make me happy, as I never know how I will be reacting to the products. A lot of those shampoos and conditioners dry my hair out, and I don't like the chemical feel after using them. So, I am always on the lookout for mild products that don't contain any nasty ingredients. Suave sounds kind of gentle. But that's probably intentional.

7. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    I usually don't go for the big name brands like Suave, since I usually like sticking to the generic brands . However, when I do decide to go with name brand, I'll usually go with Old Spice or something a little more manly. I've heard of the Suave for Men, Dial for Men, and the Dove for Men series, but they usually run a bit pricier than the generics and Old Spice. They all smell the same to me, so I'll usually go for the cheapest.

8. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Suave products, but if it works well, I am willing to give it a try. I usually use Amla and Pantene because those work well for my hair. If Suave does the same thing, I will use it too. I read that you are not supposed to use one shampoo all of the time so I have no problem giving this a try. Thanks for the recommendation.