Dinner for Breakfast

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dizzykitsune • Sep 29, 2014.

1. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    For reasons unknown, I can't eat breakfast foods. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. They all make me throw up. Eggs, toast, waffles, pancakes- the list goes on and on. Instead, I prefer to eat dinner foods for breakfast in the mornings. Meats, potatoes, mac & cheese, pasta, and so on.

Is anyone else like this? Or am I the only dinner-morning eater out there?

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I like switching up my meals also. Sometimes I eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. I am really not a morning person and most of the times I cannot eat breakfast foods early in the morning so I normally just cook me some fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and jiffy bread.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't feel well if I eat too much in the morning, but I love breakfast foods at other times....brunch or brinner ;). I don't usually reverse it in the same way that you do, though occasionally I will, it's nice to have something a little different now and then.

4. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    My sister is like this and I used to be as a child, but now I have found foods that I enjoy eating in the morning for my breakfast. I will eat a slice of toast or a grapefruit, I think its about finding certain breakfast foods that you like and replacing them with the dinner foods.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't generally eat when I first get up. When I do eat in the morning, what I eat depends on my mood. I like breakfast foods, but I like them better later in the day. I could eat dinner foods for breakfast or breakfast foods for supper, or have a sandwich for breakfast, etc. It depends on what sounds good to me at the time.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say I am the exact opposite, lol. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day - probably because it's the longest stretch of time in a given day between meals for me I suppose. I'm pretty simple with it too, usually just an eggs and toast breakfast with some OJ - sometimes I will make some sausage/bacon and/or home fries/hash to go along with it. I very rarely whip out the waffle maker, and I almost never make pancakes either - too much work.

I can, and have, eaten breakfast meals for dinner, such as "eggs in purgatory" over garlic toast, topped with parmesan cheese. It's practically like eating a couple of slices of pizza. In fact, I've seen that at some of the old fashioned pizzerias, they will put raw eggs on the pizza to cook along with it. Some of the hipster burger joints in my neck of the woods are also starting to serve burgers with a fried egg on top so it's like a combo of breakfast and dinner at once.

The only dinner thing I can really tolerate for breakfast would be leftover pizza, cold. Any other dinner items often feel too rich or salty or starchy to the point where they would send me into a food coma by noon, and by 5 I would be out of commission. I think it may be because my breakfasts are usually higher in proteins, where as my dinners and lunches are more carbs and starches.

7. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I like switching meals up to change things a bit . I LOVE breakfast for dinner. We have that quite a bit but I can't say I have had dinner for breakfast lately. When I was younger I used to like ravioli's ( I know strange :) for breakfast and pasta too. Pizza was always yummy as well. I have 2 younger boys, but I'm sure as they become teenagers we will have plenty of dinner foods for breakfast!! :)

Danyel :)

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really eaten typical breakfast foods. I like to start my day with a bowl of cooked quinoa, pumpkin and sesame butter. I also often prepare a quick vegetable soup, that I like to eat hot with plenty of ginger. Basically, I need something warm and relatively heavy in the morning, but not so heavy that I want to go back to sleep again. also, I don't drink coffee or tea after I get up, but a couple of glasses of warm water with a squeeze of lemon.

9. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I love breakfast foods. I'll eat them for any meal of the day. It's my favorite meal.I don't mind eating non-breakfast foods in the morning but I prefer to not eat heavy things like mac and cheese. I have no problems eating a salad or some light leftovers or something.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can be the exact opposite as other people have said. I eat breakfast for dinner because I sometimes miss out on it and/or I'm going to Denny's. I like their breakfast better than their other meals.
    That is strange but I kinda understand what you mean though. I actually think mine is stranger. I find it hard to eat sausage links but for some reason I love patties.
    I can't eat much pancakes either but that's most likely common because they're supposed to be filling.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn't it bad eating those heavy foods in the dinner just few hours before you sleep. I think the heaviest meal should come in the breakfast or in the lunch, but never in dinner. I would suggest then that you avoid eating heavily in dinner. If you can't eat for breakfast, make it up for the lunch.

12. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I would not be able to eat dinner foods for breakfast. Just the smell alone so early in the morning would make me sick. Breakfast foods, I could eat them anytime of the day. I usually grab something in the morning like oatmeal and fruit and go. There's no time to make a breakfast unless its on my one day off and even then, I get up for church.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I hate to drink milk in the morning. It makes me throw up quite a lot. I think it is good to try out alternate food when you are not able to intake the actual breakfast. I prefer to drink coffee or tea as a substitute to milk so that I do not throw up. It is very important to find out what works best for you and eat the right food.