Re-purpose existing items to make Pet Bedding

Discussion in Pets started by Zyni • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, your pet needs a comfy spot to rest. You have old towels, blankets, pillow cases, or Fabric around The House. What to do? Well, you can fill one of those pillow cases with stuffing, or stuff it with items like stained shirts, threadbare towels, or anything else that has seen better days, and make a cozy pet bed. Your dog or cat will love you for it. You can sew the pillow case closed or use snaps or other fasteners to make laundering easier.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do this with my cats and dogs! We have a lot of old pillowcases. So, instead of throwing them away, I stuff them with old towels and clothes to make beds for them. :) It's very simple, too!

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    For my cat I used to use old pillows. But now my cats have their own bed. I know it sounds weird. My aunt had a small twin old wood bed on her spare bedroom, but when her step daughter started living with them and brought her full size bed she didn't have space for the old one. The mattress is old but the frame is antique and valuable so she gave me the bed to store for her in my extra "cat room". So now my 5 cats have their own bed and they love it!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cat chooses to sleep everywhere at home, but he mostly loves to sleep on newspaper or anything secluded and quiet. I sometimes place a rag for him to sleep on, but he seems to ignore it and will sleep wherever he wants to, mostly on sofas, bed, and wooden surfaces.

5. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I always give my kitties my old, torn towels. For whatever reason they enjoy chewing and getting tangled in this and that so towels are perfect for their little fangs to rip and shred. Ripped towels, unlike shirts, don't leave little stray strings behind or pose a choking hazard. All around a good item to use for pets that doesn't cost anything (since they're old and used).

6. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I've used old pillows before, and other times I've taken a pillowcase and stuffed it with an old blanket and sewed up the end so my dog wouldn't pull the blanket out and it made a great bed for her, she used it for a pretty long time.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have taken an old fannel shirt around an old pillow to make a bed for a new puppy in the house. It works out well for the puppy to have a warm soft place to sleep at a very good price, free. These are items that would have been rags or put in the trash.

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I like the the idea of taking old raggedy shirts and putting them into an old pillow case (sewing the end). It would be alot cheaper then buying a pet bed that alot of times seems like you can't clean all that well. Re-purposing old shirts as a pully toy works good as well.