If you had the chance to travel through time, how far would you go in time? Forward or backward?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by xTinx • Sep 30, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear scientists have already discovered how to make a light particle travel 25 kilometers from its point of origin. This is just the beginning of bigger things to come. Not for long, we'll be able to time travel. Should you have the opportunity to do so, where and what timeline would you visit? I personally prefer the Renaissance or the Medieval Era. I'm a fan of the Knights Templar, the artists of Italy and the bards of England.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would go and try to change my past. I'm not sure what I would do until I'd actually have the opportunity to do so but maybe I'll change something about my childhood. If it doesn't work I can always go back to that same time period and prevent my other time traveling self from changing it. I would keep trying to go to different times in my past until I get it right.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would rather go forward than backward in time. Things have changed so quickly in my short lifetime, it would be great to see what the future will look like after looking at the future type movies.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would definitely go backwards in time by one year because there are mistakes that I've made just within the past year that are causing me problems and regrets now.
    It's easy to see now how I could have avoided certain missteps and made my life easier and less costly.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to see everything. Every era of history, travelling back and forth over the last few thousand years, looking at how humanity has evolved or de-evolved.
    I would love to be present in places and times where great things were invented, such as the simple wheel. I'd also love to see what kind of machines people used in ancient times, and what their daily life entailed.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'd probably go into the future. I think with the advance of technology and science we'll see some really cool advances in medical technology that will really be able to extend our lives by a good bit. Not that the future will be all good things. But I'm curious to see how society changes over the coming years. So I'd probably go 20-30 years in the future to see what society evolves into. Hopefully it's more good than bad.

7. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I believe I would like to travel to the future because all the questions I have regarding life as we know it, most likely will be answered in the future. Things like who really assassinated JFK, Malcolm X, MLK, how did Stonehenge get built, was Telsa correct about pretty much everything...and so forth and so on...and maybe in the future other species will from other worlds will have revealed themselves to us and I'd like to see that.

Having said that some Back To the Future antics would be quite amusing, sure like to take my ipod and tablet back to say 1955 and blow people's minds, lol.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Traveling into the future seems more exciting to me. It easy for me to say that I would travel to the past to correct my mistakes, but I wouldn't be where I am now. I'm not excited about my current journey, but I am where I need to be and I wouldn't change it.

9. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I would travel into the future so I could find out the answers to the questions that I wish to know today. Such as who really assassinated JFK, MLK and Malcolm X, how and why did Stonehenge get built, What really goes on at Roswell, was Nikolai Tesla pretty much correct about everything.

But also it would be quite amusing to go back to say 1695, with my fully loaded ipod and laptop and blow people's minds, shortly after which, they would burn me on a pyre, because obviously I'm a witch.

10. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Time travel, isn't a destination to go to, it's more like a change in the way your DNA is fluctuating to everything else. For example, all humans are the result of the infinite-verses, meaning in our DNA is the frequency control that allows us to experience nature in the form we are as homo sapiens sapiens. So if one were to experience the past or plausible future, you would be changing the way you express your whole self in relationship to nature, meaning you don't move to the past or future but are molding your whole body into the way the universe was like or will be like. Take for example, the re-make of the movie called "Time-Machine," - which I opinion was a great movie - and the way the graphic designers imagined the time machine was not a vehicle that moved, but a device that created a field around itself and anything inside of it, allowing one to fluctuate to one's desired past or future. This is why when one sleeps, one has no concept of time and space, because one's mind has tuned into less restricted realms of experiences.

Also, the moment one fluxes into whatever past or future, one is no longer in the same universe anymore but existing in a slightly different parallel verse.

I don't know much about time-traveling concepts, this is merely my rough idea that I synthesized from others and then formulated my own perception, so don't take my comment as literal - do your own research. However, if I were to time travel, I would simply correct my own life; possibly afterwards, I will travel into the past and plausible futures, simply for kicks.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wellll.. if I could go back, realistically, I'd go back to when I first moved out of my family home and started life on my own. Lots I wish I could redo. Otherwise, I'd love to take my sons back to where it all began.. when nomads started setting up permanent camp and civilization began. Or maybe a bit later, I can imagine things were quite boring for a while lol. Either that or we'd jump forward a few more times to catch the progression..

12. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    i'd probably travel to the times when machupichu isn't yet abadoned. I wanna see how the people back then live in such high altitude before the conquistadors destroy them.

13. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Giving myself the winning lottery numbers would be one thing. As one poster wrote, I considered the medieval times but thought the better of it. Life expectancy during that time was so short that I would already be dead. With disease and poor hygiene running rampant, most people would not last. So other than that, from a social standpoint, I would like to visit the Victorian Era. Despite the fact women's rights were limited, people in general treated each other better. Think about it. Men used to stand until a woman sat down. They used to walk closest to the street when walking side by side with a woman to protect her from water to dirt coming from the street (usually from horses and carriages). The concept was to protect women, and the 1960s basically told men that women need no special treatment nor protection. I think I would like to see a world with less pollution as well.

14. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I would go back to the time of my man Isaac Newton and take a peek at his notes. I would watch him every minute of every day and see how he managed to come up with the single most important book in all of physics (in my opinion).

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would go forward because we already know what happened in the past so it's much more exciting to see for me what lies ahead. Also, I don't think I could live without the modern conveniences anymore so I'd just hope for more of it in the future instead. E past might seem charming now but considering they lacked a lot of our modern discoveries I don't think it's as pleasant as we make it out to be.