Inexpensive Women's Perfume

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Sep 30, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm thinking of getting all of the women in my family perfumes this coming Christmas and there are a lot of them so I'd prefer to stick to the less expensive ones. Do you guys have any recommendations of specific brands I could get that are inexpensive but don't smell "cheap"? I'm looking into getting Victoria Secret ones though I'm probably just going to get them online so unfortunately I won't be able to test them, but the price is appealing because they are only about $15 each. I'd love to get more suggestions though and they could be for any age ranging from teens upwards.

2. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Perfumes are such a subjective item that you might be better off with a gift card for them so they can choose their own scent. One person might think something smells heavenly while another might get a headache from it. Personally, I can't stand patchouli, lavender, eucalyptus, or musk. I know other people love those smells because they are always out there. One of my friends says the floral scents I love give her an allergic reaction! Sephora has a deal where they give several small samples of perfumes in a box with a card. The person can then redeem the card for a full sized bottle of the sample they liked best.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with Amanda, I used to work for a fragrance company and it's very personal and if all your family know they go the same thing, it may not feel so special a gift. It depends on your budget, but I would go for designer brands as most women like to say what they are wearing and not Victoria's Secret. Don't forget some may be allergic to certain ingredients as well or a scent may react on their skin. I think it's fine for young teens, but most women know what they like and the gifts I have had of fragrance have sat unopened or regifted. Personally I would think of something else or the sample set idea. I have had those and again those still sit a drawer unused!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think if you spy a bit on what perfume or body mist they use then you can simply just give them the same variant and brand so that you won't get it wrong when it comes to their preferred scent, right? But if you don't have any idea of what brand of perfume or body mist they like, then you can try fishing for the info subtly during a casual conversation.

5. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    Every woman smells good to me in cinnamon fragrance (like from baking cookies)!:D

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I tried giving people perfume for Christmas, and it didn't really work out as planned. Most of my relatives didn't really like the scent. Just give them something else - gift cards (just as the other members suggested), home decor, books, etc.

7. MomFirst

MomFirstNew Member

Threads:
    I always think it is the thought that counts! I have received perfumes and oils from family members and friends over the years for various holidays and occasions. If you are confident in your sense of smell and don't mind putting forth the effort to discern: choose a scent for each person. I personally despise the inexpensive body sprays from Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works, I loved them as a teenager though. It is an awesome idea for the teenage girls, go for the more mature fragrances for the more seasoned women. You can find more "brand name" or "popular" scents at Wal-Mart, Marshalls, TJ Maxx or even a Burlington. With most expensive fragrances, they're offered in smaller sizes which offers more lead-way in your purchases, as far as expense. Although it may be a small bottle, the fragrances are usually so prominent that a lady should never have to use to much.
    Can't go wrong with a gift card and just in case someone may have skin allergies or just don't care for perfumes. They do offer the Visa gift cards where you can just choose the amount and they have the flexibility to get what they may need or want from any store! Great idea and something beats nothing at all!

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think you must not try to take perfumes online as it can get really tricky at times. I think it is always better to take it from a good shop or rather buy something else. It is also advisable never to choose the perfume for others unless you are really close to them as they will have totally different view of smell.