What's the best pimple-fighting product you've ever used?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by xTinx • Oct 1, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get pimples every now and then. Not that many but sometimes they grow to really noticeable proportions. I use a product called Beauche and it's worked for me. I want to try other products as well and see if they work better. I have this habit of using two or more products at the same time, though, so there's a tendency I'd use of one of your suggestions along with Beauche. I always believe that one product could cover the deficiencies of another so that together they become more effective. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest Mario Badescu products that are targeted for acne prone skin. There is a drying lotion that is absolutely unbelievable because the results seem too good to be true. Even better the products are really inexpensive.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I actually use toothpaste on pimples and it works. It dries them out and they disappear! Just use a dab of toothpaste on each pimple. Wipe it in as you're going to keep it on your face all night. Wake up in the morning and wash your face super good. You will notice a difference.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried it all from benzoyl peroxide to salicylic acid and those are bad for my skin. The best one for me is a product by Avene, called Triacneal. I'm not sure where you can get it in the US, but Europe must find it easily. It's a great milder product, but still very effective for acne!

5. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, Sweetkymom. Where did you learn to do that? I'm thinking that I read it somewhere in the 90s. It could have been anything from Judy Blume to YM Magazine. It works like a charm, though. I have cystic acne that kept right on going into my 30s. Toothpaste has worked better than any commercial product I've wasted money on. Also, exfoliation is key. I notice less breakouts when I eat more healthily, also.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    The item that saved my skin was the Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic Acid Lotion. I've tried everything out there at this point. Salicylic acid didn't do anything for my skin, it seemed to break me out more.

The 10% lotion was great for me because it gently exfoliated the dead cells off my skin, so my pores didn't stay clogged. My face dramatically improved over the course of a month or so, and now I only get a pimple or two around my period. It does take a while for skin to adjust or at least it did for me. My face would get very red because of the glycolic acid, also known as an AHA. Once the skin adjusts it was smooth sailing from there.

Before I used it all over my face but now that my skin is clear I only use it as a spot treatment. The bottle I have cost about $15.00, but it's lasted me for over three months now. Out of the six ounces it held I still have about a third of the bottle left.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use simple tea tree oil for any sudden outbreaks on my face. For me tea tree oil is a panacea for many problems, such as cuts, scratches, pimples, little skin infections of all sorts. If I don't have any tea tree oil at hand, I use lemon water to disinfect and clean my skin. Raw honey also works well as it is antibacterial. In my opinion, you don't need to buy any expensive products to have beautiful skin.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use any of those. I just put Neutrogena moisturizer on and don't even bother to use cleanser. There is a few red spots but never any pimples that I've seen since using it regularly. Everyone's skin is different though but my suggestion is any natural products should do the trick.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    For me, the best pimple medicine would be something from the kitchen. I prefer to use natural ingredients to take care of my pimples. The best one that worked for me till now is turmeric powder. It is really good to use natural ingredients as it can never harm the face or any other part of your body. I think it is really good to experience different things from the kitchen to find out what suits your skin.

10. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have used toothpaste in the past and it works. I do have two suggestions: 1) don't use toothpaste on consecutive nights because it can be very drying. 2) Be careful because some people, even those who wouldn't necessarily classify their skin as sensitive, have reactions to the mint in the toothpaste and can end up with an even redder spot and dry skin.

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    So far, the best I have tried is ProActiv. Sadly, it is very expensive, so I stopped using it already. In just two months, my face really cleared. No more pimples! The unfortunate thing about it is that the moment I stopped using it, I got the worst breakout of my life. I tried going back to ProActiv, but it wasn't effective anymore.

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I use Burts Bees blemish stick. It's been the most effective product I've ever tried. It is very natural, and I haven't had any problems with sensitivity to it. I don't know if it is good for people with very sensitive skin though. It has tea tree oil and eucalyptus in it as the primary active ingredients. Eucalyptus is really good stuff, it kill off infection very effectively.

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I use "time", the good thing about this "product" is that it is free of cost :) I've dealt with my pimples by giving them time to go down and leave my face. I mean, I understand when someone has really bad acne that they want to vanish from their face, and this may not be the best thing to tell them. But! I'd still advice anyone to try my technique. :-D

14. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    You'll be surprised of how most causes of pimples is lifestyle choices. I understand that in many cases people just have bad acne, but the natural approach dealing with and to me is the best method. I've used several products that really didn't help at all, but when I started drinking more water and using facial scrub bar soap, there I attained the better results.

15. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Time alone isn't good enough but I think I agree. Any product you use will need time to work. The moisturizer I use didn't work overnight. I needed to use it regularly and eventually the acne went away.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the E.L.F. Zit Zapper and I also wash my face with Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Face Wash. I know that there are a lot of great Japanese acne products on Amazon, but I can't afford them right now. Japanese exfoliating charcoal soap is supposed to be good for problem skin.

17. malik2630

malik2630New Member

Threads:
    Use daily after removing makeup or as a daily wash at night. This oil-free scrub removes dirt, oil, and blackheads from the skin's pores and also exfoliates dead skin cells. With daily use, Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub keeps your face clean and clear.

18. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    This is perfect advice. I think people assume that something will take their acne away over night, and that is never the case. I took me over a month before I began to see a major change in my skin when I found something that really worked for me. I would have given up after a few days, but my mother told me to stick with it. She had noticed that I didn't seem to be breaking out as much. My problem was that the old pimples and scarring weren't going away as fast as I hoped. Fast forward a few months and the scarring I had is almost completely faded and I only break out for a day during my period.

I think that giving a product time to work is always a good idea, but sometimes there will be more to it than that. Everyone needs to find what will work for them.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing to ever work for me is changing how I eat. It even took care of most of the hormonal break outs, but of course that can happen to the best of us. rarely do I ever get even one.. but when I do, I just use an apple cider vinegar compress and it's gone just like that. Staying healthy is absolute key though.. cheapest way too ;)

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Glycolic acid soap and Epiduo. This is by far the simplest but the best method I have used to fight my massive breakout. They have always been very effective, and although Epiduo is quite costly, the method of glycolic acid soap plus that is one of the cheapest method I know, because you wouldn't actually need to have anything else. So go ahead and give it a try. I have also heard about the apple cider vinegar as a tonic for the face. A lot are saying that it's really effective, though I haven't tried it myself. But I would be trying it out.