Facial cleanser/toner

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Zyni • Oct 1, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Witch Hazel makes a nice facial cleanser or toner. It is milder than some other astringents, so you can use it more than once a day, if needed. I use a store brand or generic and it is very inexpensive. It can also be used to treat scrapes and other minor skin irritations.

2. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    That's certainly a new one for me. I've heard of using Watch Hazel to treat scrapes or other small injuries, but a facial cleanser? That's a really nice tip, thank you : ) I'll have to try it out with the bottle I have at home under the sink... Can't wait to see the results!

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to use niche brand toners because I like the pretty bottles and fragrances. When I started to pare down my beauty routine I did buy witch hazel and it worked just as well if not better than the toners I used to buy that in some cases were 20 times more than the witch hazel. The best thing about the witch hazel is that it is extremely easy to find and very inexpensive.

4. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Witch Hazel is new to me. Do you just apply it to your face directly from the bottle? Do you wash it off after so long? I seriously need to try this if its known to work.

5. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've actually found that if you dilute Apple Cider Vinegar it makes a really great toner. I used to use witch hazel but my friend told me about the vinegar. It's worked for me and I really like it. Also, it's super cheap. You can get a bottle for a fairly reasonable price. Most articles I've read about suggest the organic but I haven't noticed a difference between them (just my opinion).

You would apply the vinegar the same as the toner and witch hazel. I used to use cotton balls but they soaked too much of the product up. I've since switched to the thin cotton pads. They work just as well.

I used to use a toner with alcohol in it, it was not a good idea for my skin. Once I stopped with toners with alcohol in it I noticed that my face began to stop having problems.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, IRD. I've never heard of using the vinegar. I guess if you dilute it, it would end up being about the same cost as Witch Hazel.

I use cotton balls. I just try not to soak them too much.

Sweetkymom, you just apply it like you would any other product, and you don't have to rinse it off. It's quite mild.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    This definitely works and is extremely cost effective. You use it the way you would any toner. Just apply after cleansing, be careful to not put too much on your cotton ball or cotton pad only because it will sort of go to waste, and let it dry. You can then apply your other face products or make up over it if you desire.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to try Witch Hazel. I hear it's not only a nice facial cleanser or toner but it's great for firming the body too. So if you need that extra shine on your skin in addition to looking firm and smooth, then using Witch Hazel body butter, body scrub and body lotion are highly recommended. Women from ancient times are said to be a fan of this flower.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have acne since I was in my early twenties. It's really unfortunate. I have tried so many acne products, but they don't do anything good. I tried witch hazel as well before but to no avail. Right now, I am using an antibacterial solution that I bought from the facial treatment center I go to. It's good.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard good things about this, in fact my room mate has some. I've never tried it because of the name. I don't know the history there and it kind of bothers me. I realize it's just a plant, but I am not sure I am willing to put something traditionally associated with witchcraft on my body, if that is indeed why it has such a name. I may try the vinegar things though. How much do you dilute it?

11. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never thought of that. Now I'm going to have to go look up the origin.

I wasn't even aware of those other products, Tinx, but it makes sense. Why wouldn't they use it in skin products when it's nice and mild and has such great results? Never thought about it, but I can see where these products would be good.

I'm still going to try the apple cider vinegar too. Vinegars have so many great uses.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Use apple cider vinegar. It's really effective. First I have been hearing this from anybody, from a lot of people and I couldn't believe what they were talking about. I initially found the thing to be really ridiculous, until one of my friends gave me a gallon. My friend gave me a lot that I don't know how I would be able to dispose them. So I used them like how other people are using them. One is making it as a toner. The effects really surprised me that I now recommend it.