Arnica stick

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Oct 12, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday my kid hit his face, that was immediately swollen, so I applied ice on him. A man passing by advised me to get some arnica stick, that when these sort of things happens gets the swollen to disappear immediately. Anyone tried it?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it, what exactly is it? Is it something sold in the US? As long as its safe and proven to be effective, I think it could be a good idea to try it. I would do my research on it first though before you put it on your kid's face.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I use it all the time. You have to take Arnica immediately or else it won't be effective. The stick has the remedy in it but you can also buy the remedy and put it under your tongue. By your name I assumed you use remedies because it is the name of one I use often. Remedies are very effective and help the bodies own immune system fight against things. Allopathic (pharmaceutical medicines) remedies often take care of existing symptoms but do little to prevent future symptoms. At times, allopathic medicines even cause damage to the system (like liver, lung, etc.) Homeopathic medicines are natural and very rarely can damage your system. Although you do have to be careful not to over dose on them as they can make conditions come out worse before it gets better (sort of like popping a pimple....sorry to be gross).

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I imagine that it's sold in the US yeah, it's not exactly something very new and it can be extremely hand, here's a picture.

IDShot_225x225.

Like you say Heartland, it needs to be applied immediately or else it won't work as well.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I use arnica cream on my ankles after dance if they are sore. I have a tendon that is a bit weaker than the others and occasionally it feels like it might be thinking of getting inflamed. Arnica does wonders for helping with that and I have avoided getting tendonitis.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's a great tip there dancing lady because arnica is a natural product meaning it doesn't has any side effects and in this way it can benefit our health. I did have a wonderful arnica cream, but I noticed a huge difference when I bought the gel, it's not the same thing.