The Giver

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Peninha • Oct 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This weekend I saw the movie "The Giver" and I liked it a lot. The only part I didn't enjoy was the end, I wanted it to last a little longer and to see the consequences of the return of the memory. Anyone saw this movie? Did you enjoy it?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I was delighted upon hearing about this movie months ago. I read the book when I was a teen and loved it. However, my friends told me that the movie adaptation wasn't good at all and that they changed some things. I lost interest in the movie. And oh, the ending in the book was also like that. It's open-ended and the author said it's up to the readers to decide what the real ending is.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I went into this movie never having read the book.
    I thought it was an enjoyable movie, with a nice cast and an interesting storyline.
    That said, it didn't do anything to blow me away, and I don't think it will be very memorable.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not seen this movie, but I plan to rent it eventually. I can't afford to go to the theater right now and I would like to read the book first anyway. Lois Lowry is one of my favorite authors. Another book by her, Number the Stars, made a huge impact on my as a child that has really lasted. She has an amazing way of presenting really deep issues that is safe for children yet really gives you a good look at the issue so you can really think about it for yourself.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've heard a lot of good things about the movie. Will have to check it out when it comes out on DVD. The cast is outstanding. Can't go wrong with Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges. Two of the best in the business right now. I'm sure they make the movie quite watchable and enjoyable.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've read the book already but I have yet to see the movie- I've heard mostly good reviews though, overall, so I am interested. We'll probably see it soon.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that if you read the book you should take a look on the movie as well. I didn't read the book, but the movie is really good, like I said above it's a different story about how war can take away our freedom, I really liked it.

8. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I have read the book, but I did not know there was a movie. I did enjoy reading the book and I am wondering how true the movie is to the book. Maybe I will see it one day, but going to the movie theatre in my country is just way too expensive at the moment.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really Serena? What country are you from? Actually with me it's pretty much the opposite, I usually check out a good number of movies, but it's rare for me to read the books in which they are inspired. Either cases, way faster to watch a movie eh? :D