DonkeyMails is a Joke

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by ohiotom76 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I should have known better since their site is an absolute mess to navigate and looks like it was thrown together by someone who barely knows how to open an HTML editor. However there were several people who claimed that they were in fact getting paid from this site,but it's been nearly a month now and they are still giving me the run around about getting my payment.

They keep giving me the run around that my account needs to be changed from "phonecheck" to a "regular" account, yet they won't send me any instructions on how to do this or what they need from me to complete this. Whomever is responding to my emails can barely type in English, and keeps responding with these vague replies like "you will see phonecheck 3 days" then 3 days goes by and nothing. So I reply back and then they respond "btw we're doing phonecheck this evening" and again, several days passes and nothing.

Their so called instant payout isn't instant at all (if they even pay you to begin with), they simply shut down the payment page every two weeks for several days, and supposedly are issuing payments, but it's been twice now I requested a payout with them and got nothing.

Avoid these tools and their partner sites at all cost. All they are doing is playing middle man with other paid to click services and other survey sites, and skimming off of your earnings.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The last time I used this site was about 2 years ago and I had to change my payment method for some personal reason I now can't remember but they were quick to fix it and pay me out. It's unfortunate to hear that they have degraded in quality but if I had to guess it's probably because they aren't as profitable as they used to just like all other PTC sites. Good luck to you and I hope you get this straightened out soon.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I used Donkeymails from about 2007-2010 or so. I was getting paid in a timely manner, although I think it was taking about 2 months to read payout each time. I never got referrals, so I was just clicking all the email links and the on site links. I haven't been on the site in years, the last time I went to it was after a lengthy hiatus and it was not nearly as good as it had been. The whole PTR/PTC system was on its way out and that site was actually the only one left online of all the ones I had used before. I am not really surprised they are a mess now, though if the site looks unprofessional I wonder if the original owner sold it and the new owner doesn't know what they are doing.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I suppose in all fairness I should do a follow up on this initial post, because since then they did finally pay me. Although it wasn't without a month worth of haggling. The long and short of it was they simply do not explain to you up front at all that they need to confirm your email address by sending you a text message before you can get paid from them. And it wasn't until 2-3 more emails did they finally send the code to me to confirm it.

The other thing I should note is that they don't credit your account instantly for many of the tasks you complete. Some of these take days before the credit shows up, and payments only seem to go out once or twice a month.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember that site. I decided to pass on it a while ago because it looked really spammy. It doesn't sound great. There are other sites that are less of a hassle to cash out from.

6. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I had an account with them several years ago. Cashout was a nightmare, and I never got paid. I finally gave up and never went back!

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I had an account with them about 4 years ago. The site was easy to navigate and had no payment issues then. I found the earnings too low since the clicks and other paid to opportunities are geotargeted, I quit. The best way to avoid such problems is to cashout at the earliest opportunity and avoid any more accumulation of cash in their accounts.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm glad that you finally got paid at least. After all, we don't sign up with such sites to work for free.

Thanks for warning us away from this one. I simply do not have time to waste for slow earnings and even slower payment. The time spent chasing down the payment could have been used to make more money elsewhere. Time is money.

Too often, we sell our time for too little return these days. All these sites seem to pay in pennies any more. It used to be possible to make a living online, but it's become much harder to do.

I guess that's where sites like this, that help us save our hard earned money, really shine.

9. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Donkeymails sound as a complete waste of time for me. I don't really want to deal with incompetent idiots that don't even have enough decency to properly explain the situation, and even more when they are nerve of making empty promises. An advice, ask for evidence when someone claims that certain x page gives instant payment, a screenshot or something.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A writer friend had invited me to that site before. I remember checking the site but was turned off by the scheme of payment. You have to wait for sometime before they pay you as if your account has to undergo a thorough audit. And before joining, I always look for proof of payment. The writer who invited me has no proof of payment, meaning he was not paid yet... until he quit. So that is another wasted effort by another site that did not pay. I know it's not right to call them scam site but if they don't pay you for your efforts then how shall we call those sites?

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually have been paid by Donkey Mails before, so it's such a shame that they are having trouble paying their members at this time. I also received my payment relatively quickly at that time, so I guess nowadays they aren't really getting enough revenue from the ads, I guess. Too bad they are not as legit as they were before.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's fine to call them a scam, if you're sure that they are a scam. It's just that in some cases, people jump the gun. I don't blame anyone, since many of us have been burned far too many times. We're quick to let anyone and everyone know if something isn't right with a site. Unfortunately, some sites that are not actually scams get caught up in all of this.

Blogjob for example, is having issues, but they did pay everyone who requested payment. The owner was very open about what was going on. While it might be considered "defunct" at this point, since there isn't currently any opportunity to earn there, it still doesn't fit the category of scam.

I hope this makes sense.

I hope we can all find and share more reliable earning sites. I love how many of us network together to share/warn regarding various sites for making money online.

13. gwood

gwoodNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, that site really looks spammy and hard to navigate. I also did some googling and looks like the site has been around for quite a few year, which seems odd if it is a scam. Anyway, going to avoid the site just based on the sites unfriendly design and spammy look.