Rip Off The Scammers Selling Get Rich Quick Schemes - Give Them A Taste Of Their Own Medicine

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by ohiotom76 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you've ever looked around for opportunities to make money at home, you've undoubtedly come across these get rich quick schemes that promise to teach you how to make thousands if not millions of dollars online. They have high pressure sales pages, also known as "squeeze" pages, along with tons of fake testimonials, phony handwritten fonts, and the pages themselves are endlessly long, with tons of persuasive language making a bunch of false and greatly exaggerated promises. They also like to put a countdown clock or insinuate that they are only selling a limited quantity of their product, in an attempt to use scarcity to get you to hurry up and buy it.

What you wind up getting is a crappy PDF file with some very generic information that you could have scraped off the web anywhere, and none of it is detailed enough, and most of it are flat out exaggerations and never realistically achievable. Worse yet they include even more affiliate links in them to squeeze even more money out of you. The author might even go so far as to create video presentations where they ramble on incessantly about the same things over and over and over, to give you the impression that they are covering a lot of information when really they aren't saying much of anything or giving you anything of any value at all. It's all to make the program look more substantial, but it's all junk.

So how do you screw them over at their own game? Steal their shit. I have no problem promoting piracy of their "products" because frankly, they're stealing people's money in the first place by selling that crap and lying about it.

If curiosity gets the best of you when reading through one of their sales pitches, simply do a search for the name of the product in quotation marks, along with words such as "blackhat" or "black hat" and "forum" and perhaps throw in file host names such as "rapidgator" or "zippyshare". You will want the product name in it's own set of quotation marks, don't include these other phrases within those quotation marks. The quote marks tell Google to look for that exact phrase in that exact order, not each of those words separately, so your search results should be more accurate. Unless the product just came out very recently, there is a good chance you will find it being shared on various hacking/blackhat forums. You may need to register with them to get the download links, and be sure to not use a password that you use elsewhere when signing up to them, but more than likely you will find these scam products being shared for free.

Then you can see how badly you would have been ripped off had you paid for that junk in the first place. Seriously, many of these PDF files are laughably bad and amateurish.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah but that doesn't bring back the money a scammer has stolen from me and many others so how is it really a taste of their own medicine? I just want my money back not their crappy product even if I would be finding it for free.

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Oh. I have experienced that one. Especially the limited edition pages or videos that a link landed me on. At first, it was quite enticing. They got me hooked. Then they mentioned something about each user getting a car. That set off a lot of flags and I went out of the video page. I have not been scammed off my money online. I have always made sure of it before investing on such a thing. I do not need to get their product. I think other people will do it for me. As you say, the hacking forums.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly, people get sucked into these scams everyday and throw hard earned money at these individuals who are simply out to get you. You really have to have a suspicious point of view whenever it comes to sites offering programs that will help you earn money online. Always best to do your research -- and chances are if the site makes a big production of making their product sound spectacular -- best to stay away. Better safe than sorry.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have read so many of these in years past. It's always come across as way too good to be true, so I didn't fall for it thankfully because I didn't even have the money to pay for it in the first place. I wish someone was out there shutting these guys down though as it is totally wrong to sell things like that with false promises.

6. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    This is good to know, there are so many scams out here and people need to know this before it's late. I feel bad for people who get sucked into these scams and spend their hard earned money on these waste of time scams. I'm sure that people are raking in the dough scamming people every second of the day. I wish I knew the statics behind this because I'm sure the numbers would be remarkable.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So the major problem with this idea is that it fails miserably at achieving the goal of getting back at scammers. They don't care if their product is ripped off by consumers because the product is a sham itself, and the advertisers know that. They're still going to find suckers that are willing to pay for the information, no matter how useless it actually is. You're not achieving anything by taking their already useless information.

8. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    Just think of it this way: If it was that easy, we would all be rich.

9. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    How do you steal anything from them ? They usually ask you for money to promote a service or offer you a job which you do and then don't receive money from them. At least the couple of scams that got me involved doing work and never receiving pay for it.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My personal mantra; if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! There really is nothing such as a get rich scheme. Like someone else said, if it did exist we'd all be all over it like white on rice. For me, you summed it up within the first paragraph. Those are just some of the things that make me run for the hills; I won't touch websites like that with a barge pole.

11. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    The only way to get rich quick is to have a rich relative dying and giving you a hefty sum as inheritance, or marrying into riches. Less likely but even quicker would be winning the lottery. Everything else, you have to assume that the world is not *that* desperate to throw money at you for no effort on your part, and be wary. I hate it. I hate that it made me suspicious of every good thing.

But I agree with others -- stealing PDFs is not really stealing. It does not induce any loss on the part of the person. They don't have one copy less; it just means that someone who already got fooled, or who was not going to be fooled anyway, is not buying this time.

There is no real way to get rid of scams, or to take revenge. You just have to wise up and convince your granny to not fall for it, either.

12. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly just watch the videos for entertainment at this point. I have never given money to these scammers and I never will. Its just that some of the videos are so over the top that they are hilarious to me.

My favorite is when you are don watching the promo video and then click off the page there is this pop up that says "WAIT! ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE? I HAVE A SPECIAL OFFER JUST FOR YOU!" this just puts a smile on my face at their desperation.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I actually consider those of us who get some sort of stupid PDF to be lucky. Yes, I said lucky because we actually received something for our money. Would you believe that I actually got involved with someone online, who advertised a program, but never ever delivered it. That's right I paid money almost a hundred dollars and got nothing. I tried to dispute this with paypal who told me I had a legitimate dispute but there was nothing they could do about it because the person got rid of the email address they used with their paypal account. Anyway, I did learn something about always doing research first before entering any program. I just wish I would of learn this before encountering this scam artist, I would of known better. Now every time someone wants money for a program I see a red flag and investigate it first, usually I find its not worth it.