When did you last eat eggs?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Evelyn Freshsmith • Oct 13, 2014.

1. Evelyn Freshsmith

Evelyn FreshsmithMember

Threads:
    Several Years going for me. :)

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    About 3 days ago, funny thing is though I tried to eat them today. Went to 4 different places, all of them out of stock. I gave up at that point. I think that was beyond ridiculous today, I mean it's just a coincidence but is there some mad drive for eggs today or something?

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    The last time I ate eggs was on Saturday. I'm getting into the habit of having eggs for breakfast on Saturdays. This just started in the last month or so because, typically, I'm not a big fan of eggs. About the only way I'll eat eggs is scrambled or maybe in an egg salad sandwich.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I had eggs was yesterday funnily enough. I am not overly fond of them. I can take them or leave them but I am partial to a fried breakfast and have to have a egg too dip my chips in. Otherwise rarely eat them, mainly use them for baking cakes, batters and when frying.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's been about six months now, because the last time was the morning after my boyfriends birthday party and it was in a breakfast burrito. I don't eat them very often, it's not something I'm to fond of.

6. Nho Huynh

Nho HuynhNew Member

Threads:
    Eggs are goddam amazing - so much you can do with them. My personal favourite is poached with a runny yolk, but you obviously don't want to hear that. But if you 'over poach' them, the yolk will go hard (also, if you're in a rush, pour some boiling water into a mug, break an egg into it and put in the microwave for one minute, and you have a perfectly poached egg. 50 seconds if want a runny yolk).
    Omelettes, frittatas and spanish omelettes are all great, and there are loads of recipes online (bbc website is very good for recipes).
    Hard boiled eggs are great in salads (esp. tuna nicoise) and also in kedgeree. And you can put them in fish pie.
    As others have suggested, baked is great - just put them in a ramekin / small dish with whatever you like (ham, spinach, tomatoes etc.) and they're done very quickly. You can also gratinate them by putting some shaved parmesan on top beforehand which makes a nice crust.
    Finally, if you're getting sick of scrambled eggs, try doing them like this. Yes it's with butter and creme fraishe, but it makes them taste diving.

#6Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Yesterday. I had scrambled eggs! :p They are very quick to make, so when I am in a hurry, I just cook eggs.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had an egg yesterday, I eat them a few times a week as they are an easy way to have protein. Some days they are hard boiled or soft boiled , fried or scrambled if an omelet doesn't work out. When I tried to be vegan, I did miss egg dishes and I preferred egg pasta and cakes had egg in them as well so I decided to eat eggs again.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been eating eggs almost daily for the last two weeks. It's not because I like eggs that much. I'm lucky in many ways. A friend was given numerous quail eggs by someone and he gave me half of everything he'd got. He told me the eggs had many health benefits but since I didn't trust him I had to look up the facts on the net:

And did I forget to mention that they are tastier?

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally don't eat eggs, but while I am travelling it's often a challenge to find the foods that I eat on a daily basis, so, from time to time, I can be persuaded to eat a dish that contains an egg. It doesn't happen all that often, as I worry about the quality of the eggs and where they come from. I like to think that whenever I eat eggs, that they are organic and free-range, and not some hormone bomb from some poor, suffering battery hen.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I think the last time I had eggs was last week, I don't have any health worries about eating them, I just eat them whenever I eat a dish that contains them.
    Last week I had an eggs and bacon breakfast so that was pretty unhealthy, but at the same time delicious :)

12. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like the taste of eggs themselves, but I like to eat them when they're baked with cookies or other desserts. So technically it would have been a few minutes ago for me if you count the cookie I ate... I can't resist the deliciousness.

13. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    This morning and just about every morning. 2 over easy today. Omelette yesterday, and the days go on. I use them in major sauces, and as thickeners not to mention the whites for things like meringue or sabinyons.

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    What kind of eggs?!

I ate salmon roe a few months ago. Some caviar like a year ago, plus or minus. Had pigeon eggs for some Laotian soup [Khao poon] a few weeks back, which is always a good dish to eat for gatherings. I recently heard that garden snail eggs, are the new fad and craze for wealthy or rich people to eat, may try this soon too.

Oh I see now, OP, you meant chicken eggs! I ate that a few hours ago and earlier this morning, because I love eating such a thing!

15. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I last ate eggs yesterday. Scrambled eggs in a Denny's Grand Slam which was free because it was my birthday. I am not too terribly fond of eggs by themselves, preferring to use them as ingredients in things. I used a bunch of eggs a couple weeks ago in 2 homemade quiches. I thought they were really good.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I ate one just yesterday but I'm honestly thinking of giving it up because it's beginning to bother me a little. I don't know what it is about eggs but over the years I've been growing more and more weary of it because of it's nature being and unborn chicken and also I'm starting to dislike the smell. I can still enjoy it for now but I'm guessing in a few years I will be totally off it if this continues. Also, it's inescapable since it's a basic ingredient in many of the dishes I love like cakes.

17. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Last Saturday. I eat the about once or twice a week. I know I should probably eat more because they are such good protein, but I get so tired of them that I forget or just don't want to eat them. I usually just fry my eggs as I don't like hard boiled and I don't like cleaning the pan after scrambled. I have heard that the runnier the yoke the more nutritious it is. I have actually eaten raw eggs before, and the yoke tastes great, but the white is terrible.

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I ate eggs about a week ago. I am not very crazy for eggs and hence eat it only to get some amount of protein and other benefits from the eggs. Whenever I eat egg, I become constipated and hence I try to avoid eggs as much as possible. Most of the time, I enjoy eating eggs by preparing the omlette.

19. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn't eaten eggs in months but I had some 3 days ago. I made scrambled eggs for breakfast when my parents where visiting. I try to avoid eating eggs too much since they are very high in cholesterol and I used to struggle with high cholesterol as a kid and teen.

20. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit surprised to see that most here don't eat chicken eggs regularly. I eat eggs daily, at least once a day and up to 3 times in some days. I use to avoid eating eggs when I was younger (though I also liked it then very much) because it was perceived then that whole chicken eggs are high in cholesterol (LDL or "bad" cholesterol) that can clog up the blood arteries. But after learning that eggs actually contain good cholesterol (or HDL) that helps alleviate the bad ones, I started eating eggs regularly again without the guilt. :eek: