Have you watched Anabel?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by akiii123 • Oct 15, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Anabel is the prequel to conjuring and the people had lots of hope on this movie including me. But I was really dismayed when I saw the movie as it never lived up to my expectations. It was a complete waste of time and money. What is your opinion on this movie?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Annabelle is a prequel, so it's not going to bring anything new that wasn't already in The Conjuring, except for backstory. Despite your opinion of the movie, it's currently on pace to gross around $80, which is a great figure for a horror movie, especially a prequel. The Conjuring 2 will no doubt be better than Annabelle, but it remains to be seen if it will surpass the original film.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually planning to watch the movie and now i'm having second thoughts because I've heard some bad reviews about the movie. Some said it was pretty scary though. Maybe I'll just wait for a clear copy online, that way i won't spend money on some terrible movie. -.-

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not, yet. Before I really like to watch it. But after hearing mediocre reviews about to and not on a par with the Conjuring, I feel like it wouldn't be a loss to me if I will miss it. And so I never came to a cinema to check on it. A very reliable friend told me that it's really not scary and captivating. So I thought, what's the point of seeing it in the cinema and spending money, if I wouldn't be able to gain a nice experience and sensation from watching it. I would rather wait for its release on TV channel.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I'm hearing many opposing opinions on Annabelle ever since its release. Not quite impressed by the trailer, I've still been planning to see it because of the relation this movie has with an aspect of The Conjuring movie, but now I am having second thoughts. I'll likely end up seeing it somehow but it will not be in theaters. Sad to hear it did not turn out better than most people expected it to.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not seen it and do not plan to. I'm just not a fan of horror movies as they all have the same purpose and nothing more: to scare you. I heard that the movie has something to do with an evil doll and please correct me if I'm wrong. Now if that's the case, I understand why you're dismayed. Not only did The Conjuring film have such a deep impression on you, Anabel's like a throwback of Chuckie. So there's not much horrific excitement as The Conjuring.

7. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard the actual Anabell story, and it interested me. I wanted to see the movie, but I also have my doubt's. It could be another chuckie movie are something like that. I have heard mixed reviews and will probably wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it.

8. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    I have not yet seen it but based on your post I probably won't see it anytime soon. Who here thinks that it is an excellent movie worth watching?