white castle or burger king

Discussion in Food & Drink started by roy835 • Oct 16, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    Which do you like better?? White castle or burger king. I like some things about white castle. Their chicken and fish sandwich taste really good and I like their vanilla shakes too. Burger king has some of the best burgers that I have ever tasted. I really like their burgers. They seem to have more meat on their burgers than any of the other chains. If i had to choose, I would probably most likely choose BK, Burger King. What do you say??

2. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been to White Castle, but I've been to Burger King a few times. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen a White Castle before, but I know the place that you're referring to. It must not be popular in my area. As far as my view on Burger King, there's only a few items on their menus that I enjoy, so it's not a common stop for me. It's nice for a cheap lunch, however.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, Burger. King does have great tasting burgers and I like them a lot, but for some reason I don't crave for them as much as White Castle or McDonald's burgers. I suppose it's just because BK's burgers are a little bit less pronounced in terms of flavor or identity, even though, as I've mentioned, they are definitely one of the top tasting ones among fast food burgers.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love White Caste, but since the closest one near me is over an hour away, I don't get it very often - whereas there are Burger Kings all over the place. I would have to go with White Castle, even though their food is major junk food, even worse than Burger King I would guess, simply because it's a rare treat that I don't eat a lot of. I especially love White Castle's onion rings, which are fantastic. The closet one near me also merged with a Church's Chicken so you have a choice of both when you go there.

I used to work at Burger King when I was a teenager and saw how filthy their kitchens were, and the employees got paid such crap wages that nobody ever really wanted to lift a finger to clean anything up. The one hallway where we would drag the bags of trash, before taking them out the trash compactor, was always covered in flies because the bags would leak all over the floor, plus it stunk like hell - and this was all just a few feet from where people's burgers were being made. I'm amazed they didn't get shut down for health code violations.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Never had White Castle before because where I live, in upstate New York (or at least exactly in Upstate where I live) there isn't any around here and it kind of sucks because it always looks really good (I've seen it on TV before.) Unless the tiny little White Castle frozen cheeseburgers count, which I don't think they do. Anyway, back to the point.. My opinion is I prefer Burger King just because that's really all I can go off of.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I still prefer Burger King. I like the way they make their burgers and fries. Between McDonald's and Burger King though, I choose McDonald's. :)

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Burger King, but I don't really see Burger King and White Castle as competitors because White Castle's burgers are unusual.
    If you are looking for a small slider burger in a steamed bun that you can eat in two bites, it'll be White Castle because BK doesn't even have sliders.
    White Castle is kind of a specialty burger place for people who want tiny burgers on a steamed bun. It's not really direct competition for the main burger places because it serves a specific kind of burger.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Burger King's fine by me. I've never really been to White Castle (and that brand's a whiskey here in my country). I love Burger King's spicy burger meals (e.g. spicy bean burger, spicy original chicken sandwich, etc). There are times, though, that I still pine after McDonald's regular cheeseburger. There's something about the melted cheese and the pickles that blend well together.

9. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    This is a no brainier! I wouldn't even put these two franchises in the same sentence. This is like asking the best between real and imitation burgers. Don't get me wrong, I used to like White Castles when I was younger, but they now taste funny and have lost that quality they used to have. Burger king on the other hand uses real beef and taste much better. Overall, I don't even understand how White Castles still makes it in business.

10. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have white castle near me but I've tried it before. I wasn't much of a fan...too much bread, not enough other ingredients. I'm not a huge burger king fan but my roommate likes it. If we go there I'll just eat some onion rings or something.