Rent-a-car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Gelsemium • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am in the process of renting a car and they always have a lot of details we need to pay attention if we want the best price. For example, I called them and they gave me a 170€ budget for 3 days, I asked it that was the best price and they lowered it to 150€, I checked online the same agency and car and the price is 100€?? Are they joking with us?

2. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, many legitament companies resort to scam-like schemes to try to wrangle any amount of money possible out of each and every one of us without much exception. In this situation the best you could probably do is call the same company again and ask about their online pricing. More likely than not there will be a small disclaimer on their page, barely readable at that, that says the pricing isn't accurate to some extent or doesn't include other charges that renting a car can hold.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That does seem odd, the online price must have some additional fees that it doesn't account for.
    Try calling them and confronting them with the online price to see what they answer.
    This sometimes also happens with hotels, where the online booking is cheaper than calling them directly.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have done that if I wasn't having such an hectic day because it has to exist a logical explanation for day. Luckily I have a friend in a rent-a-car company that gave a fleet price that simply smashed those, so that's how much they earn at our expenses.