Places to visit in Sri Lanka

Discussion in Travel started by Ashlee • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Sri Lanka is a stunning and magnificent country. The name of its capital is Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Colombo. Recently I visited it. It has numerous attractions. Its people are very nice, kind and humble. I found them so cautious. There I explored Arugambay, Batticaloa, Beruwela, Adam's Peak, Bundala National Park and Colombo. It was a great experience of this region. Anyone of you ever been there?

2. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    I never get a chance to go to Sri Lanka but heard a lot about its beauty. I heard that Adam's Peak and Yala National Park are major attractions that must be visited there. Both are amazing and fascinate a wide number of visitors especially nature lovers. What do you say about it; am I right?

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right Garryson! Adam's Peak and Yala National Park are amazing and attractive sites of this country. Here I would like to talk about these places which you have mentioned in your post.
    Adam's Peak:
    It is basically a conical mountain and well known for the "sacred footprint".
    Yala National Park:
    It is the second largest park in this country and much famous for a variety of animals among the visitors. Most of people came here to enjoy wildlife.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! After seeing your post, I have assumed that you have been visiting the Sri Lanka and you have much information about this region. What you say am I right about it? If yes so please share your experience with me. It will be my pleasure to know about your familiarity because I am going there again.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Sure Ashlee!I visited this place couple of years ago and went there with my friend Jhone. We spend there two weeks and visit its many attractive spots as we can. Here I am going to mention the names of those places which I have visited during my tour.
    • Adam's Peak
    • Yala National Park
    • Royal Botanical Gardens
    • National Museum of Colombo
    • Viharamahadevi Park
    I must say there are lots of attractive spots for nature lovers.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! I have already visited the Royal Botanical Gardens and Adam's Peak but I don’t have adequate information about the Yala National Park and National Museum of Colombo. Would you like to share your experience with me and also the name of its nearest accommodation? Your each and every detail will help me a lot.

7. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Sure Ashlee! I visited the Yala National Park during my Sri Lanka tour and spend there about two weeks. I stayed at the Dinaka Rest Kataragama. I must say it is a nice option to stay there. it provides the friendly environment. If I talk about National Museum of Colombo, it is the largest museum of this region and perfect place for history lovers.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee! National Museum of Colombo is also known as Sri Lanka national Museum. I visited there couple of years ago with my business partner. It is one of the largest museums of this region. They offers numerous of collections relevant to history and represents art work. It was founded by William Henry Gregory in 1877 who was British governor of that time. If you want to know more about this museum then

9. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey! You have shared the great information about the National Museum of Colombo. I am impressed about your knowledge. The link that you have shared in your post is also very helpful. Now I have much information about this museum. Can you tell me during your trip where did you stay?

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to Sri Lanka once, only around the Colombo region and down the Galle Road. I must admit it was pretty cool around there. Less hassle than my visit to India, both in terms of fighting off the hawkers and also getting round.

I probably need to go back there for another visit - it's such a fascinating place in terms of beauty but with a horrible dark side when you look at its recent history and the civil war.

11. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    roki! Your provided detail is highly informative for me to raise my knowledge about Adam's Peak and Yala National Park. I can imagine how interesting it would be to see the "sacred footprint" on Adam's Peak as well as to explore the wildlife at Yala National Park. I think; you have massive knowledge about attractions around Sri Lanka. Share some information about its other attractions too.

12. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Garryson! It is an admitted fact that Srilanka has various tourist spots and they all spots attracts the all tourist. Here I would like to suggest you to must go to to see the "sacred footprint" on Adam's Peak because it is very unique. It is the land of great views and green meadows. If you are a nature lover so you did not waste your time and just try to go there soon. Have you ever visited the Sri Lanka before?

13. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Sure Ashlee! I will highly recommend you to must take a visit of Kurumba Maldives. I visited there during my visit and had a great time. It is one of most vibrant and dreamy destinations for nature lovers.

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Kylrey! I am sorry to say but I could not understand your answer :confused:because I was asking about the accommodation and it is very strange for me that you are sharing the other tourist attraction. Is there any accommodation at the Kurumba Maldives? Would you like to explain it? :rolleyes:

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee! Kurumba resorts are one of most phenomenal and captivating places for having most remarkable experience during you stay. It makes so many activities for guests to make his journey comfortable and entertaining. It consisted more than 192 classy rooms, all are wide and well furnished. Here I am going to share some other well knowing accommodations for having a comfortable stay for your journey. Hope you like them
    Royal Kurumba Residence
    Deluxe Pool Villa
    Garden Pool Villa

16. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I want to travel the world later on in my life and I have never considered Sri Lanka a place to visit but after this post I will tell you that it looks really beautiful and it is definitely a place that I will visit in the future when I am planning to travel the world.

17. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Teabwoi! Sri Lanka is really very beautiful place with the bundle of tourist attraction and magnificent views. You must visit this country and i am sure you will never disliked it but you will love to visit it again. Here i want to know about your travelling interest. I mean as you said, you like to travel so tell me which are your favorite travel spots?

18. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Ashlee, I think you have great knowledge about this country's tourism. I never went there but after reading your posts I have great wish to go there. So, tell me about some best and must visited attractions of this state. Also tell me which time of the year is best to explore the beauty of this region.

19. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Kylrey ! Let me know about Deluxe Pool Villa because I have no information about it. I think you can help me. Share your experience of this Villa and let me know how much time did you spend there? I am waiting for your reply.

20. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Maxwell! December to March is best time period for exploring this region.