Running apps

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Strykstar • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use any running apps to help you keep track of your running distance and time?
    I usually only have some music playing but I've been thinking about having an app to help me organize a bit and set proper goals.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have you tried RunKeeper? It's a favorite amongst people that I know who jogs. It keeps pace through GPS, will map out your run and if you want, I do believe that it also has a coaching feature, so it will push you through to a goal. As far as I know, it's available on both platforms.

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I don't find them useful at all. I just run. Simple as that. Running apps aren't really necessary in my opinion. And I also like using my good old pen and paper when tracking my progress.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Runtastic is one such running app that I have started to use recently, It does the regular thing that any app does, it track your time, speed and distance and will provide you with a map of your route when you've completed it, or during your walk/run. It's a nice an easy app tp use, it does require that you sign up for usage, and it does require that you pay to get a "pro" version of it.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I use the Apple Nike app. I mean what else would I be needing if all that I am concern of are the distance traveled and the calories burnt. I am not even interested in the speed or in my records. All I want to be updated of is my caloric and how far I have gotten by just running, by just using my own self. So why would I need something else. Why would I pay for an app whose functions I need are already in the app that I use.

6. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I strongly recommend you to get one of those apps. Personally, I use Runtastic Pro and I'm very happy about it, because it has a minimal interface and it will help you keeping an eye on your progress and I even find it motivating because I always set a goal before I start running. The app is very precise because it uses the GPS, but mind you, it will consume a lot of battery, but little data.

7. guineapigsandgardens

guineapigsandgardensMember

Threads:
    I've used Endomondo for about 2 years now. I love how it maps out my walks and tells me the approximately number of calories burned. I also enjoy using Nexercise and the Apple Health app. Nexercise turns working out into a games and lets you earn points to win prizes.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am using Accupedo to tell me how many kilometers I've walked and how much calories I burned. I've set a daily limit for this and I only stop when I have already accomplished my daily limit. I increased my daily limit on a weekly basis. Maybe one day If I can I would switch from walking to running.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not use any kind of running they are totally not worth it. I think it is best if we run just like that without any apps. Apps do not provide accurate measurements most of the time.

10. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have an app for running but I do use something. I have a 6th Gen iPod nano and I find the tracker there to be very useful. Also the Nano is small enough to not be bother when I'm running, unlike using my phone which is a pain in the backside to carry around while running.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I like run keeper. It maps out your route and tells you statistics like you average speed, distance and calories burned. It also updates you every five minutes to tell you how long you've been running for and how far you've run. I really like this aspect so I don't always have to check the app. The only bad part is since it requires your location it drains my phone battery.