Halloween Costumes made from Duct Tape

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Duct tape is an amazing product that already has tons of uses. Now, it's being used more than ever for crafts such as making your own Halloween costumes. It comes in lots of colors and even prints. Some of the outfits are quite clever and very creative. I'm amazed by some of the things people make from tape. Have you made anything cool using duct tape?

2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I have always really like seeing people get creative make things with duct tape. This is a new one though -- I've seen pocket books and wallets and cupholders but Halloween costume is a new one for me. I would be really interested to see what people come up with. It amazes me how innovative people can be.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right? They even make prom dresses and tuxedos. There is an annual contest for it now. It's pretty amazing really. How fun. I am going to have to try making something cool. I've seen handbags and stuff before too.. Maybe I should think about starting out with something smaller like that instead of a whole costume.

4. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    If I remember correctly Duck Brand duct tape holds a contest every year for Prom outfits made out of duct tape. I've always thought it was really cool, if I had the time I would have tried to make a costume for Halloween out of duct tape. I've made a few wallets, a belt, and some other items before out of duct tape. I figured that trying to make an outfit would have taken more time than I could have given to the project.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a great horror/comedy that came out a few years ago called "Murder Party" in which the lead character makes his own costume out of duct tape and cardboard, to go to a Halloween party. The trailer is below:

The lead actor from the film also made a short instructional video on how to make your own "Brown Knight" costume as seen in the movie:

[video=youtube;n0Sm1pGomJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Sm1pGomJA[/video]