eBay dot com

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by roy835 • Oct 18, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    eBay is still one of the best places to shop online. They always seems to have some of the lowest prices on stuff. You can find almost anything on that site. I would say that if you are looking for a bargain, eBay is one of the first places to look. I think that they even sell houses at a discount. When that guy started that site I am almost sure that he did not think that it would do so well. eBay dot com. I call it the online yard sale for millions of people worldwide. Be careful though, some of them might be scams.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Ebay is great, I use is frequently but I always choose North America only for item location when I am searching so that it eliminates all the Chinese sellers. I have been burned by a few Chinese sellers over the years. Some of them are great business people, but considering that it is never worth the money to return something if there is a problem due to the cost of shipping that far, I do not think it is worth the risk as some of them actually are not honest.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping at Ebay is a double-edged sword. You have to be really careful because although you will mostly deal with legitimate sellers, some of those sellers occasionally practice fraud and they may cheat you with certain products. Discernment is highly recommended when shopping through this medium. You never know who you're dealing with. Make sure people have left their two cents at the product review areas. Reviews from customers will let you know whether such a company is worth dealing with.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Agreed. eBay is one of the first places I check whenever I'm looking for something. The only problem here in my local area is that there aren't too many varieties of products to buy as opposed to the U.S. market where almost every type of item can be found being sold online in sites like ebay. I still find the whole site and its mechanics to be pretty good though and I still find very good deals on there.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    It's great. There are a lot of great stuff there. Sadly, I bought some seeds there about a month ago from China. It still hasn't arrived. :(

6. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    It is bitter sweet on ebay. I am an avid ebay buyer. You have to make sure you check deals everyday to make sure you have gotten the best price of an item you were first looking at. Make sure you read reviews on the person and to check the shipping cost.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do agree that it *can* be great- they have some crazy good prices, some things that are hard to find other places after a while and it's a good place to buy and sell, overall. You do have to be careful though and use your common sense, there will always be some people looking to scam others and places like ebay are not immune to scammers at all. Or those great prices that hook you in but then crazy shipping costs.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buy from a seller who has a number of good ratings and you'd be fine. You won't get scammed, won't get defective products, etc. Mistake most people make is search for the cheapest stuff not knowing that the seller could be a scammer. By carefully choosing the people I "do business" with, I've managed to consistently buy used items at cheap prices and till now I've not had a bad shopping experience.

#8Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of stuff from Ebay already, mostly from Chinese sellers, and of course, don't expect the item to be of high quality. I have never encountered a fraudulent seller so far, but the items that I don't receive are due to the thieving employees at our local customs office. Apart from that, my experience with Ebay has mostly been pleasant.

10. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I regularly buy items from ebay. Most are phone accessories and a few fashion accessories such as sunglasses, belts, bags, and scarves. So far, my experience with ebay sellers has been generally good, especially the sellers from UK. They ship fast and communicate well. Coming from Asia, I have a lot of encounters with Chinese sellers. They dominate the ebay stores that offer free shipping. I've noticed that the items coming from Hong Kong are often the ones that arrive late. Some don't even arrive at all. In cases like these the sellers never hesitate to offer a refund.

11. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I like buying items off of Ebay. They have great discounts and you can even earn EBucks with every purchase you make. The only thing that I do not buy off of Evay is electronics because I have had bad experience with that.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that ebay got the longest and widest items being sold, from weirdest to just plain collectibles. Personally, I would often find there the item that I am looking for, personal stuff that already being possessed by people and are no longer sold at any store for a brand new version of the item. Not only that they've got the item; they also don't charge very high, just the right and justifiable amount that you really can't argue on. So when I am looking for an item, I first go to ebay, or when I type the item in Google, the word ebay automatically comes along. When I don't get reliable or satisfactory results, that's the time that I would take out the word ebay, which rarely happens.