White Rain Shampoo

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DancingLady • Oct 20, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    White Rain used to be a pretty good cheap shampoo no used to get I at the dollar tree and although it was nothing special, it got the job done without causing any problems.

However, this brand has really gone downhill and I recommend not wasting your buck on it. It seems in order to keep the price down, they have diluted the shampoo so it is no longer very effective. The last container I got, I had to use a handful of shampoo to get enough suds to get my hair clean. I will not be buying this again.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I remember white rain! I was always a fan of the brand, it's a shame that it went downhill though :(. Seems to be the case with a lot of products these days and it makes you wonder if it really is THAT much about the bottom line that some of these companies just don't care about the quality of their product or their overall reputation as long as they can still make a decent amount. It's a shame.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that as well, when I tried it out at our local Dollar Tree too, plus they barely have any fragrance in them either and the package is smaller so you are also getting less product. I didn't normally buy White Rain in the past, but sometimes we would have a bottle of it on hand when I lived with my parents, so I definitely remember it being a much higher quality back in the day. The only reason I got it at the Dollar Tree was because I didn't recognize any of the other brands they were selling so I figured it would be my best choice. I was pretty surprised when I went to pour some into my hand and it poured out like water. I thought maybe it was a bad batch, but when I went back there I realized they were all like that. And the bottles are about 20% smaller than comparable brands. I'm guessing perhaps they sold the brand name to another company, who is manufacturing the product line at much lower standards.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    White Rain has definitely gone downhill and you have to waste more product to get decent lather. I think the only good dollar shampoo brands left are V05 and Suave.
    I'm actually starting like Suave more now that they have even more different scents. I like the cherry blossom one.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    White Rain hairspray isn't as good as it once was, either. I do like Suave still. It is pretty decent for the price. I buy the V05 2 in 1 for my kiddo when it's on sale, because she likes it. I can usually pick it up for 79-89 cents on sale, so I grab a few. Suave has a higher end of their stuff, like salon formula or something, but I don't remember exactly what it's called. It's not bad stuff, and I choose it over some of the other much pricier salon formula stuff.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may or may not have used it. Unless it's new product from a shampoo brand I've always been using, I rarely pay attention to the cover. But White Rain to have downgraded in that matter is just surprising. Maybe you need to check whether that really was White Rain or some other imitation product. I've heard things about Dollar Tree so you may want to check that product's authenticity.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy VO5 at Dollar Tree, but White Rain is shower gel is fine as I get through so much of it and use it as bath foam as well. I think it's fine for a quick rinse shampoo but not for a deep cleanse. As I have long hair I get through shampoo really fast so hate spending too much on shampoo. It's still not bad budget buy and fine for traveling as I use it as a multi-purpose product and don't feel bad if any is left over.

8. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that we have that over here. But I would just like to recommend Tresemme as it seems you may be changing your brand of shampoo now. Its is available in discounts stores, even so it is reasonably priced anyway. The shampoo lathers up nicely it smells great. It's good for a deep clean and it does what it says on the bottle. After conditioning hair is visibly softer and it has also improved the condition of my hair. Great product.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've never used the White Rain shampoo before, but I have purchased the body wash. I think that the body wash has been diluted as well. It seems that it is much thinner than it used to be, and I feel like I have to use more than I had in the past. It probably is to keep the cost down. If they keep the cost down then they can produce more, and that equals more money. It's slightly disappointing. I used to buy it all the time at Dollar Tree. I've switched to the Target store brand lately. It's more money but it is also a much bigger product and it lasts longer.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    VO5 is still good, I am currently using that conditioner. The only reason I still have the stupid white rain on hand is that we never finished the container so now I'm just using it up, which won't take long considering how much I have to use each time. I would have thrown it away but I am too broke right now to be able to stand doing that, so I'm using it up.