Do any of you actually PREFER store brand soda over name brand soda?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kwriter93 • Oct 20, 2014.

1. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    Most people don't agree with me on this, but I've noticed that some store brand soda actually tastes better than the competing big brand. For instance, I would pick Dr.Thunder (Walmart Brand) over Dr.Pepper any day. Dr.Pepper to me is too smooth, if that makes any sense. Dr. Thunder has just the right amount of fizz and such a great flavor. Now on the other hand, you wouldn't catch me picking Dr.Perky (Food Lion Brand) over Dr. Pepper.

Each store has a different store brand taste, some are better some are worse. The point is I actually like some store brands better than name brands, am I the only one?:confused:

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually agree with you. I have tasted a few non brand name sodas over the years that have actually tasted better to me that the brand name brands lol. A lot of the time, even if the store bought brand soda tastes a lot better, I will still question it - or have that thing about it being below the brand name soda in my mind - because I know that it is the cheaper store bought alternative. No you are not the only one ;)

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't prefer store brand soda over name brand soda or however you call it. I like soda products that I've personally experienced and trust. Even though store brand sodas aren't that bad, I've already grown accustomed to Pepsi, Coca Cola and Cali. Also, Coca Cola's already adjusted their soda ingredients, making it more friendly to health-conscious people who occasionally break their own health mantra.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I still prefer the name brand sodas. Well, I guess it's because I trust the brand already. Though store ones are somehow cheaper, I would still buy the ones I have been drinking for a long time because I do not want to risk wasting money on something I am still unsure of.

5. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I worked at Bottom Dollar Food (owned by the same company that owns Food Lion) and they had decent soda. I can't remember what it was called, but it was their take on Mountain Dew. It actually had a really good flavor and I found myself drinking it more often than the name brand. They also had a decent orange soda that was up to par with some of the name brands.

I have bought a few at different stores that have had strange tastes before. I think it mostly depends on what they are trying to imitate. I've had horrible store brand cola a few times. It was either too sweet or wasn't sweet enough. I've never had a problem with the amount of fizz though.

6. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    If I have party I always buy the sode from Dollar tree. They are usually a very big bottle with the same taste as those name brand sodas.

7. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I prefer the store brand over the brand name myself, but it all depends on where it's from (ex: Walmart, Publix, etc). I enjoy Dr.Thunder as well, but I think I like it as much as I do Dr.Pepper. Sometimes the name brand versus the store brand means two different sodas to me and I like each different soda more than the other depending on my mood.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer what I can purchase at the time, simple as that. Sometimes I like brand name Ginger Ale to drink and at times, I like the store brands. There is definitely a difference in the products and the taste, but all sodas are all bad for the human body regardless of who expensive or what quality it is believed to be. Then again, I don't drink sodas much anymore and have opted to drinking juice or plain ole good water.