Mary Janes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 20, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in grade school, my mother would always buy me Mary Janes for school shoes. I wonder if these are still sold today because I no longer see them. Well, I mean for adults. Did you wear these when you were younger, too?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear Mary Janes. They are sold for adults, they just look a little more refined in style sometimes. I love them for work because they are comfortable and they stay on my feet without effort because of the strap. Payless has some nice ones. If you wear a US size 8 or smaller, you can fit the youth extended sizes they have, which are cheaper than women's. The youth extended size is 2 sizes smaller than women's so women's 7.5 is youth 5.5.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can get these in high heels as well. I have a Prada pair that which are quite bohemian, bu they are good for people that need support for their ankles. My mother wears them a lot now, they are casual and many people wear them to be anti-fashion with chunky heels and brighter colors.

I think girls shoes still have them, but in very traditional styles and colors. They are better for young growing feet than ballet flats.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I also wore Mary Janes when I was younger because my mom used to buy my school shoes, but now not anymore. The design never really appealed to me, so I doubt I will buy that particular design as an adult.