Have you watched The Maze Runner?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TPhoenix • Oct 21, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    The Maze Runner revolves around a group of teens that have been isolated in a maze with no memory of who they were or where they came from. They must make use of their new surrounding for their own civilization, all while they try to patch together what happened to them and search for a way out the maze.

Have you seen this movie? It came out last month and after highly anticipating seeing Teen Wolf star Dylan O'Brien make his lead role Hollywood debut, I was out to support his movie. I didn't have any big expectations for it and thought it would be decent.

After that movie started, it took me for a complete thrill ride. There are strong performances by the cast, it's nicely dark and contains many thrilling and action packed moments. I was really moved that the movie turned out to be so engaging and entertaining. I cannot wait for the second part, Scorch Trials, to come out next year.

If you've seen the movie, what do you think of it?

#1Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't but i was told it's a bit similar to Hunger Games and that it was pretty decent movie. I've missed it in the theater so I'm honestly waiting for a good copy online now for me to download. I know it's not legit but oh well, everybody does it. Anyways, I'm really hoping the movie is good. I kind of excited to watch it actually.

3. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    I personally have not watched the movie but I did read the book series including the prologue and the trilogy itself. It's a pretty interesting series, and I recommend reading the books because the author does a really good job of immersing the reader in a sort of post-apocalyptic world caused by a disease that drives people insane. Overall, I really like the series. I might go out and see the movie, but usually movies that are based on books that I've read are pretty disappointing.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I watched it and found it to be pretty exciting and enjoyable, at least by modern Hollywood standards. I certainly see the potential for it to become the next Hunger Games. The two share a lot in common, with both having many more book sequels to act as source material for subsequent themes, and both also contain themes of teen angst, love, violence and conflict in a dystopian backdrop, which seems to be the popular flavor for most shows/movies nowadays.