Do you like wearing neon colors?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by xTinx • Oct 21, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't know what to do with neon colors. I try to avoid buying clothes with neon shades or colors that appear conspicuous because they grab too much attention and make you an object of people's penetrating stares. Also, with my current wardrobe, neon colors don't have a place. I do find myself wishing to have a neon sports shoes.

Will you dare wear neon colors?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I hate wearing flashy clothes, I don't like how much attention they always seem to get.
    I usually wear dark clothes so that I don't call attention to myself, I like to blend with the crowd, it's just the kind of person I am.
    I might wear bright colors of course, just not the neon kind that really catches the eye.

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I am not brave enough for neon. Perhaps I could be persuaded if there was some sort of eighties night going and the drinks were flowing. I don't think my body shape is fit enough to carry off neon either. Most of my wardrobe is dark and I wear a lot of black clothing. Because apparently black is slimming. As a colour I do love neon pink.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like to wear bold colors. I love wearing orange, but I would never wear any neon clothing. I just don't like it. I don't even like the neon shoes, but they would be great for wearing at night. I will be happy when this trend dies out.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing them every now and again, if I'm in the mood. I don't mind wearing bright colors. I normally wear a wide range of colored tops. It's fun to switch things up!

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't like wearing neon-colored clothes just like most of you. But recently, I've been getting gifts like neon green and orange sports shirts from my siblings. They told me I can use it while jogging, since they know that I usually jog at night (for visibility to avoid someone from bumping into me :D). I also see a lot of night joggers (and bikers) wearing neon colored shirts or at sports shirts with a bit of neon colors in the design. So for this purpose only - I will gladly wear them. :)

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL. All your responses cracked me up. Wearing neon is indeed challenging. Even the people who can actually pull the color off don't dare wear it for fear of calling unwanted attention. And I agree. I think wearing neon at night, especially when you're jogging, can be helpful. Cars just zooming past will know someone's jogging nearby because of the flashy color you're wearing.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I would never wear a neon colored clothes, nor posses something that is neon colored. It doesn't fit my skin tone. I tried ones and I really looked funny. Even more embarrassing is that it didn't come from me, but from someone else, that I did look funny under neon colored clothes. Another thing is that I really don't like the color.

9. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I only have neon tank tops. I honestly have not gone further than that. I think having tank tops that actually make a shirt stand out is good. I recommend you first try a yellow neon tank top under a shirt. The tank top will peak out of the bottom and make the shirt stand out. Then try pink. Once you figure out what colors will look great with clothes you already have, it'll help. I hope this helps!

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't suit my skin tone or my personality, though I have friends that do wear them. My gay male friends wear them for nightclubs and parties and I think that's the best place for them. For jogging or cycling at night it's a good idea too, though doing wither of those at night time is never a safe idea anyhow in my book.

I think they make these for children as they love colors and at a young age you can wear whatever you want and can blame it on your parents!

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like neon colors at all. Well, I am not that fair, so neon colors do not look good on me. Also, these colors make my head ache terribly. I know some people who can pull outfits like these, so I admire though. I won't wear one still.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Neon clothes and hair color don't really appeal to me, but for items I think they're cute to look at. I have a neon green Hair Doctor comb, and I have always liked the neon green backpack of Jansport. Neon green plus black on rubber shoes is quite stunning to look at too.

#12Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  13. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do, but not usually. The only right colored things I wear is pants but they're mixed in color, usually black and some kind of neon color, nothing to intense. I don't do it to often though because I'm not one of those people that enjoys standing out.

14. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I will wear neon colors, particularly neon yellow, neon pink, and neon orange ONLY as running or cycling clothes. In these situations, not only will I wear a piece of neon clothing, I will also wear it with a reflector strip. It is just for safety and visibility that is why I am willing to wear neon clothes. As part of my daily casual wear, I don't think I will. If it's for costume, I would wear those colors, too.

15. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am of Swedish and probably other Scandinavian descent, so I am VERY fair skinned. I actually can't wear neon or other bright yellows or orange because my face reflects the color so well I look jaundiced. I think neon colors are cool, but a little too bright to be used in clothing. I prefer them to be used for things like decoration or safety reflective jackets ect. Some people with dark skin can pull them off pretty well though.

16. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I like wearing some bright colors like orange, yellow, green, and bright reds, but I do not necessarily like wearing neon colors. The unfortunate thing is that most workout clothes that you can get here have neon colors in them. So, for this reason, I do own a few pairs of clothing that have neon colors in them. It's not by choice, but by force :rolleyes:

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm...well I definitely don't wear them very often. But every now and then with the right outfit they can be fun, I just think it's really easy to overdo it with them or wear them in a way that's a bit awkward, so I avoid them for the most part.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wouldn't say I hate it since I'd give it a try if I found a piece that I like enough but in general I tend to stick with tamer colors because they are easier to work with. My favorite type is pastel but neon is ok too. I wouldn't be too against wearing it once in a while especially if I'm in a jovial mood. The only problem would be matching it with the rest of my wardrobe but most likely there is a fix for that somehow.