Freebie Sites that Aren't Free

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DancingLady • Oct 21, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    This is something I find really annoying. A while back I looked for all sorts of sites where you could supposedly get free samples and free products and all that. I found some that were listed by multiple bloggers as really good. Problem is, they weren't free. They send you all these emails telling you you can get a free this or that, but if you go to the site to get it, you find out you have click through all his stuff and sign up for offers that you pay for to get the freebie, so it's not free at all. Why so much false advertising, this is so stupid!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind completing a survey if what I get afterwards is worthwhile. Unfortunately though a number of . . . no, a lot of freebie sites are nothing more than scams. Why would you pay for something which is supposedly free? I think the people who go ahead to buy something in order to get the freebie are the ones who keep these sites in business.

p.s If you look around the net, you'll probably find one or two legit freebie sites but whether it would be worth the time and effort, I don't know.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I highly doubt it. None of the sites I have seen so far are just do a survey and get the samples. It's more like you do a mini survey, click through many pages of offers then they tell you you have to do one on the bronze offers page, and the silver offers page, and the gold offers page and I'm like, why did you say these were free samples??? You just lied, goodbye.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, Dancinglady. Many of these are flat out scams, in my opinion. I used to use a site years ago that gave out legitimately free (money wise) samples. They did ask you to review the product afterward, which I didn't mind. It was a quick few questions or quick write up. I've heard that they too now require a bunch of offers to be completed in order to get anything good. No thanks.

One of these days, I'm going to do some research on these and see what's what.. if there are any legitimate sites left.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be interested in those sites and would sign up to them, because if you can refer people that can complete offers or you can complete some offers then you accumulate points to claim a certain gadget of varied value. But nah, I never pursued it shortly after I signed up since it's quite fussy and credit card numbers were required in some offers. Referrals that are willing to pay are hard to find too.

#5Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I have been there before. It is annoying that they demand you to click through all his stuff and sign up for the offers. I do not want to sign up. It is a waste of my time. I ignore those offers of freebie since then. They are just not worth my time and effort. They are simply false gifts luring you to buy their other products. Just say goodbye to those sites!

7. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    Those sites really annoy me. It's false advertisement to me. People should not say that something is free and then once you get on the site you have to complete so many offer which actually does not make the product free. With those offers, you are paying for the product and shipping cost.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are also some that make their money through the shipping cost. "FREE product, just pay shipping." Yeah, and the shipping is two or three times as much as it really should be. I guess they think people can't figure out stuff like that. Nothing is truly free, and I guess we just have to remember that.

9. BarryJackson

BarryJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    What are the best ones? Would love to get some info :)

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know the feeling of being "duped" all too well. Even sites that claim to offer you "huge discounts" are not really offering you such things. These catchphrases have more to them than meets the eye. Like this one site that gave me a discount coupon. I thought I'd be able to use it upon purchase but in actuality, I had to buy clothes worth a thousand bucks in order to avail of the discount. So I went off elsewhere.