Smart Contact Camera Lens

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by TPhoenix • Oct 21, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Smart Contact Lens w/ Camera

Being developed by Google, more revolutionary technology is in the works in terms of wearable tech, guys. I don't know if anyone has heard of it, but Google is working on bringing smart contact lens with a built-in camera to fruition. These smart contact camera lens will have medical benefits to those with eye vision issues and who wear them over their eyeballs. Word is that the camera will be able to center on and follow your vision and its sensors will be conveniently designed to be able to read and monitor your glucose levels from the tear fluids in the eye for those who have diabetes. On top of this, the potential of the camera technology could provide smart contact lens users with facial recognition abilities and superhuman eyesight or night vision. This is all still in development though, but what an amazing breakthrough this would be!

#1Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I doubt it'll take that long for this technology to become more than just a developmental project. As much as Google depends upon collecting data on its customers, it does create some innovative and advanced technology. Google has been successful in most of its recent tech ventures, except for Google Wallet. A contact lens with such capabilities would be great for people with certain health problems and conditions. I'm excited to see what the company can do !