Eating from different places

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • Oct 22, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I had to go to the supermarket in the evening, it was dinner time so I bought a soup in a "fast-food" restaurant and a sandwich in another, something I like to do because the soup is better in one place and the sandwich is better in the other. Do you also do something like this?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the time that I have to gather all of my food, but yeah, I'll get my main dish from one place and some awesome side dishes or a drink from another due to pricing.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, when I have to shop at two places is because of two reasons:

A. I totally forgot or was distracted from buying that particular item

B. The initial store I shopped at didn't have what I wanted and I had to travel to another shop to get it.

I really do not like driving around different places to get simple products, weighing in all the time, energy, money, and risks involved are not worth it. However, if I require a particular product to complete my meal or activity, yes I will not mind shopping at multiple stores.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do on occasion, but I don't really make a habit of it. It's easier for me to try and just get everything in one place at one time when I'm going out, rather than go all over. I know some people that do that regularly though, or they'll have a "progressive" dinner date where they do appetizer at one restaurant, main course at another and dessert at a different one. It's kind of a fun idea I guess, for something a little different, but not something I could see myself doing very often.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Very rarely, because if I stopped to get some fast food on my way home from work, I am usually in a mad dash to get back as soon as possible so I can enjoy it while it's still hot, and the fries are still crispy, etc... and the few times I do do something like this, it's usually because I want the sandwich from one place, but like the fries at another place.

Another reason I may do this, is perhaps I am absolutely starving and left a little to early to meet others for a dinner date, so I may snag something small at a fast food joint to tide me over and settle my stomach before I arrive at the restaurant we'll be dining at.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually mix and match if I'm grabbing something on the go. If I am getting a quick bite I am probably busy and on my way to something. I definitely could do this if I had time! I have favorites at lots of different take away restaurants.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often shop in different places to get the things that I enjoy most. For me quality is the main factor. I don't mind walking or driving around to two or three different shops if I know that I will get what I need or want. I have to admit that, when it comes to food, I rarely ever settle for second best. I rather prefer to eat nothing at all than having to put up with some inferior product. I am not talking about expensive, luxurious things, but simple, clean and natural food.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I shop around. I like the coffee in one place and then I like a pastry in another. It depends on how far the places are and if you have to wait to get served. That's my main factor if I'm buying a few items. Often I will choose somewhere where I can compromise, especially if I'm with friends, but if I really don't like something I would rather do without. I can't stand Starbucks coffee, but if I have to go with a friend I can have a bottled drink to keep them company.

9. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually eat out so when I do I just stick to one place. But in a way I still do what you describe - when I'm buying food to cook I go to one store for the meat then visit another for my bread, and so on. All because some stores offer better quality and prices than others. So when the food is done, yeah, you could say that I'm eating from several different places :)

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, that's a good perspective on things pretty colors, but that not exactly what I meant! :p I only do this when I am eating a sandwich and a soup or else I also pick my food from the same place, but in that case I know that the soup from the sandwich shop sucks. ;)

11. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    Me and my husband does this all the time. The only reason is because we may not want to eat at the same place that the other eats at. We are sort of picky about what we want when we eat out. We can never decide on just one place.

12. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I do this occasionally too when I want to purchase fast food to eat but prefer to select options from two different restaurants. So on a typical day like that, I'll go to McDonalds and purchase some fries and then head to Subway and buy a sandwich. Not only more fulling of a meal to combine the two, but of course Subway has healthier contents between the buns to chow down.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I also do this especially if I'm just going to be bringing the food to some other place anyway and don't have to sit still at just any one restaurant. For example, if I will be bringing the food into a theater then I'd maybe get my french fries and burger form one place but I'll get my drinks from another just because the other place might have that special drink that I like.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't feel like doing it. I feel like it's so much of a hassle, so when I go to a fast food, when I decide to eat there, I order all there that I would want to eat, even if the serving from another fast food tastes more delicious or more. Besides once I am full, I wouldn't even be able to feel that I still like something else. Once I am full, and I think most of us, I don't want to eat. All I just want is to rest and relax. Also, just the queuing one would have to face when buying his meal in a fast food is already troublesome enough to just do it once and not for another time.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, yea, I do this all the time if the two different stores are very close together or at least just within walking distance. For instance, I've gotten a Subway sandwich before and gotten a Jamba Juice that was a few stores down. The price difference doesn't really bother me as I like getting exactly what I want

But most of the time, I'll just get everything I want from one store or fast food place.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember doing that yet, but if the other target store is not that far from the first one, then I wouldn't mind going the extra mile to go there.

17. Gelsemium

Threads:
    What do you mean by that sidney, what can you get in one target store that you can't get in the first one? More, do they sell food at all? From that link you mention it seems that it's a furniture place... I will keep doing that from time to time, I'll go the extra mile to eat better. ;)

18. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I also like eating food and drinks made from different stores. I have got some food that I like in one and other shops that I would like to enjoy at the same time. Luckily there are usually food courts in the shopping malls in my country. So, I can buy from different food shops and enjoy my meals there. This can be a bit expensive because a set will be much cheaper than any individual dishes adding up together.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, this can only be done in the shopping malls where we have a big variety of choice. I think that the restaurant owners know that the soup of the other store is better and this is an incentive for them as well, if they see me getting the soup elsewhere they can just improve their own.

20. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Sometimes it is worth it to go to different places! My family is always trying to find awesome deals. If somewhere has an amazing price on one thing and someplace else has a better deal on fries or something then we will go. Sometimes though it is not worth the gas money. If it is a couple cents off then we won't do it. That's why we usually try to go to buffet places so we get a variety of things.