Who shops more often?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Oct 22, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually my wife goes to the supermarket once per week, she does the big shopping, but yesterday it was my turn. I was somewhat lost I confess because I didn't know the place where many things were lol... Who shops more often at your place?

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I do. my wife works and goes home only in the evenng and i get to take care of my kid while also work online. it s usually me and my kid who goes to a grocery store nearby. I find it fun to actually chose which product to try. shopping also gives me ideas how the brilliant these marketing pro these days.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I share the grocery shopping responsibility. Sometimes I will shop right after I get off work or sometimes he will. It all really just depends on who its more convenient for at the time. Its really easy shopping without my older two kids as they ask for everything under the sun or they'll hide stuff in the buggy. I then have to double check everything when up at the register.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents shop together and I often tag alone or visit the grocery by myself for the whole family. I guess your household is the stereotypical female-run household. Our's is just the result of a cacophony of decisions. My parents are like a team when they're shopping and we contribute or remind them about other items to be purchased from time to time. Everyone's free to add to the grocery, furniture and other household items.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I would say my husband does more of the shopping than I do. I make the list all week and then he goes in like a linebacker to pick up the stuff as quick as possible, spending as little money as possible! lol If I go in, I tend to buy things we don't need. And so after years of me doing the shopping we now have reversed the roles. I still do most of the cooking though, although in my opinion he is also a better cook than I am. But that being said, he is such a perfectionist, if he were to do all the cooking all the time, we would never eat. Wait...we are both trying to loose weight, you may have just given me an idea!

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am single, so do it all, but in my family it was always my mom who did the shopping. I can't remember my dad ever going grocery shopping unless it was to pick up a specific treat or something. My mom did pretty much all the cooking too, and I did a lot of it when I got to be about HS age. I know some people would say that's kind of unfair, but it worked for my family. My parents just had different roles, and they were happy with that.

7. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    My husband goes shopping and is better at it then me, I must confess. I think it's only because he majored in culinary arts and he does most of the cooking in our household. When your the one who cooks in the household, you know exactly what you want to buy based on what you want to cook. I only go food shopping once in a blue and I'm ok at it because I learned from him and I make a list that helps me a lot along the way.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do. I do not have my own family yet, and I live with my parents. I go to the grocery store for them. :) I don't go too often though. Just twice or month or something like that.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    How do you manage to live with your parents, shop for them and do it just twice per month? We are just four at our place, two of us are kids and I need to shop several times per week, minimum 3-4 times...

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad is the one that shops around here, but nowadays he rarely does that since he just buys food most of the time because he doesn't want to cook anymore.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually go shopping as it doesn't just serve the purpose of getting food, but also gives me the opportunity to ride my bike. I love riding around town at my own pace, getting all the things that I need, and then pedaling back to my house. It relaxes me very much, as I work in three different jobs and often don't get the chance to spend time outside during the day.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I'd love to go shopping with the bike Dora, but that would be impossible for me, how do you manage to carry all the stuff you shop in the bike?

My wife usually does the shopping and I thank her for that, I prefer to stay at home. More, when we go with the kids it's a hard to manage situation... :D

13. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I go shopping several times a week. I need to go to the market for fresh food. I go to the supermarket for daily necessities once or twice per month. This is quite a time-consuming chore but my family members are too busy to go shopping. I always hope that they can lend me a hand but they seldom do it.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I go shopping several times per week as well. I have a place just for fruit and vegetables on my way home, if it's more than this I go to the local supermarket, but the bigger shoppings are done by my wife and she needs to take the car because she gets the heavy stuff.