Motorola Moto X

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by LadyMiles • Oct 22, 2014.

1. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I consider myself a rather experienced android user so any phone or tablet that comes out with the android system I like to give a shot. About a year ago I was watching commercials (usually don't because I am an avid fan of the DVR) and caught a commercial for the Moto X. If anyone is familiar with the Moto X and their commercials I am speaking of the commercial where a boyfriend in giving a girlfriend a massage and a man is laying in the bed with them acting as though he is a basic cell phone. The boyfriend calls out to the phone and requests that it plays Miguel. The man couldn't find the song in his database so he just started singing the song. The girlfriend, tired of the mess, called out to her Moto X on the nightstand and Miguel started playing. The commercial cut out with the man vibrating as though a message was coming in and starting reading out a message to the boyfriend from another girl. If you haven't seen the commercial it is definitely one to watch, very funny. It was this commercial that directed my interest to the Moto X.
    I must say the Moto X is probably my favorite phone. It may not have all the bells and Whistles that some newer phones have but it has one feature that keeps me hooked. That is a special feature for the camera that allows you to switch your wrist twice quickly and the camera automatically loads. Definitely a positive feature when you don't want to miss those spur of the moment or priceless moments. The pictures turn out lovely with its 10 mega pixel camera. I also love the way that I can actually talk to my phone and it responds according to what I am requesting. I know I will be sticking with the Motorola Moto X line as I have yet to be disappointed.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen that commercial, but I do own a Moto X and it is an amazing phone, especially for the price and service that I was able to get on it. This is definitely a flagship phone and it will make it hard to ever buy anything less than the top of the line again. I haven't decided if I will get the newer version of it though, I don't know if I need a phone that big. At some point, it has to go into specific places in my purse and if it can't fit then it throws everything off.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you both own first-generation or second-generation Moto X? Because the second-gen device is far and above an improvement on the original one. It's considered by most reviewers to be the perfect smartphone in virtually every way. Most critics would rate it as the best phone of 2014 ahead of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and even Samsung's devices. On a related note, even the second-generation Moto G is a great unlocked device that's drawing rave reviews. Motorola is definitely on a roll right now.

4. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    We have the first generation Moto X at this time and am still so satisfied with it. You do have me wondering about the second though as I can't imagine having a phone better than what I have but being the same phone just updated and with such positive reviews I can't help but get excited. When I get a chance I am going to check out the second generation. Thanks for the response :)

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I would definitely check it out. I would have gotten it, but I'm going for the Nexus 6, which is basically a six-inch Moto X. It's even built by Motorola! Not counting the Nexus 6, Motorola offers the closest thing to stock Android OS that you'll find on the market. That means you get an operating system that isn't bogged down by a modified user interface or tons and tons of bloatware. Motorola is actually pretty good about limiting bloatware, although the carrier tacks on their own bloatware, too.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was wondering what happened to Motorola and whether the company's keeping up with the changes in the mobile industry but you've just enlightened me. Samsung and Apple have been going head to head and Nokia, Sony and those Chinese brand phones are not too far behind. I'm glad to know Moto X's making a difference in the lives of other consumers. My first phone prior to the smartphone era was from Motorola.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have not seen that commercial yet but I think it is quite funny from the way you are describing it. I am quite familiar with moto g as I regularly use it. But I am not very familiar with moto x. I am sure that I will think about buying it in the future.