Ground Beef Roll

Discussion in Hot Deals started by LadyMiles • Oct 22, 2014.

1. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    At Walmart today I noticed that they started carrying a 10lb roll of ground beef. In the past they had the 5lb roll in which the ground beef equalled out to being about 3.40 a lb. This new 10lb roll is approximately 2.90 a lb. Not too much of a difference but for large families the 10lb roll may be beneficial. We have a pretty big family and will be cutting this big roll into four different meals making the meat for four meals 28 dollars, approximately 7 dollars a meal. With sides approximately 15 dollars a meal. I think that's good! Any thoughts?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is this regular ground beef like 70/30 or is it for ground chuck? Even for regular ground beef $2.90 per pound would be a good deal around here right now. I usually don't buy anything lower than 80/20 but that's over $4 per pound now at most of the stores. I get 85/15 in one pound rolls at Aldi for $2.99, so I usually try to buy it there. When all my kids were home, we used to buy the bigger packs and rolls too. Every deal helps when you're feeding a large family.

3. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    It is ground beef, 73/27, in the 10lb roll. Even for smaller families it would be ideal to get and separate into smaller meal sized portions. I do a lot of price matching so when I seen that the ground beef was 2.90 a lb I knew it was a good deal. I can never find anything lower than 3 a lb when it comes to ground beef. I will definitely be purchasing these now that they are available. You are absolutely correct when you say "every deal helps"!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip. I shop at Walmart all the time and even for my small family of 2, this is a good deal because I can divide the meat into portions with my vacuum sealing machine.
    That is a good deal because it's hard to find any ground meat for less than $3.

5. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    You mentioned using the vacuum seal machine. How does that work? I've always wanted one. What brand do you have and does it keep things sealed air tight as it is supposed to? I can imagine the benefit for separating and packaging meat in family size portions.

6. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    That's a pretty good deal for the amount of beef you get. Nowadays, beef is pretty expensive. I'm glad to see that Walmart has a less expensive option for ground beef. Next time I go to Walmart, I'll be sure to check out this deal. Thanks for the tip, friend!