Deals on Gift Cards

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by steph84 • Oct 23, 2014.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi! I am looking to buy gift cards for less. I want to buy a gas gift card to Am PM, Shell or Chevron for my sister. She's a student and just started driving. I went to the shell website and there is a $2.95 fee to buy gift cards. I think that's a little high considering that the gift card is only around $20. Any idea? I checked eBay, but no luck.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'd probably have better luck buying one at a station than buying one online, if they are going to charge a fee for online purchases. Or, you might just want to get another type of gift card that she can spend anywhere, including the gas station. I didn't know there was a $2.95 fee for purchasing a gift card like that. I would think that put a lot of people off. I'd be careful buying discount gift cards though. I have heard a lot of reports that they don't end up working or are not excepted by the establishments when people try to use them. I suppose there are some legit sites for this type of thing, but I would be careful still.

3. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Steph do you have bitcoin ? You can save huge by using bitcoin to purchase Amazon gift cards. The site is called purse.io . You can only buy Amazon gift cards though. But it is almost 25% off the face value of the gift card ie you pay $75 worth of bitcoin for a $100 gift card.

4. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Anna bitcoin is a virtual currency. You can purchase it here after opening an account and linking your bank account.

You can buy the bitcoin and then head on over to purse.io and post up what you want from Amazon. For example if you want a $100 gift card you offer x amount of bitcoin for it. Usually you can offer $75 worth of bitcoin and be able to go ahead and strike a deal for a $100 gift card or $100 worth of Amazon products. Always post an exchange rate higher than what bitcoin is at . So for example bitcoin is trading at $375/BTC right now. So you would post an offer for $450/BTC. There will be people that take you up on the offer for sure.

5. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I myself have actually been a buyer of bitcoin (so I lost money) because I had a lot of Amazon gift credit I did not need and wanted to change it to money. So I used purse.io . I got shafted a bit ie buying $80 worth of items for people and only getting about $60 worth of bitcoin but the bitcoin does fluctuate and if you really have no need for anything from amazon then it is the only way to exchange your credit for cash. If you do join please label me as referrer so I get a few bucks for the referral.