Talking Over the Phone vs Typing Over the Phone

Discussion in Misc & Others started by TPhoenix • Oct 23, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Factually, smartphones have become universally popular and utilized. However, they have ceased many people's interest in conventionally talking to others over the phone, as many people would rather text, instant message, chat over a social media platform or talk in person than over the phone. Where do you stand when it comes to this matter? Do you prefer talking over the phone or typing over the phone?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer instant message sometimes so I can multi task or think about a response. Over the phone it depends who you are talking to and you have to keep the conversation going, while online you can take a break and go back to the conversation. The same is with Facetime, you need to keep the conversation going, but I don't mind when someone wants to talk and you can listen.

We have choices today, so I prefer to choose something that gives me control.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer talking over the phone if we haven't talked in a while, like a long phone call once or twice a month. But aside from catching up, I would just want to text for short conversations. I'm also not a fan of video chat or chatting in general, now I think it's a waste of time.