Would you convert you printer to continuous?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by 003 • Oct 24, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just recently have printer converted to continuous. I regularly print with the same big amount. Before I switched to continuous, I had to replace my cartridges every two weeks, or even just a week. But now it's already turning to a month since I have switched to continuous, and the ink hasn't even reached its half, and I have already saved a lot of money. The cartridge and the refilling ink almost have the same price, with the price of refilling ink being negligibly higher. I am really happy that I switched to continuous.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, continuous ink is a godsend and it really should have been invented way back when people printed a whole lot more. Still it's a very welcome invention even today. I still print a good amount because of my online store and this has been very helpful to me. I was a bit skeptical at first but now that I've been using one for a long time, I can't imagine going back to the old way.

3. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    There's a reason most print shops have continuous ink systems. It really comes out much cheaper. If you print even a moderate amount, it pays for itself very quickly. We have 2 students at home so print jobs are common.

I can't really tell if a laser printer is more economical, as I haven't personally tried them. But if you can't afford a laser printer, then a continuous ink system would be the next best thing to save cash.

4. kaka0

kaka0New Member

Threads:
    I Was working for some time in ink refilling shop .
    So...
    There is realy good option for big format ink printers.

For heavy printing - Definitely Yes
    For occasionally prints - there's no sense

Colour Laser printers getting cheaper every year ...plus If You can refill toner with powder is the best option .
    No ink splash aroud plus realy big savings on print out . I don't getting hands dirty and buying compatible toner cartridges .
    I supply myself online in

shop but right now there's a lot of shops in every country seling compatible cartridges.

#4Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good for you because your continuous ink provider isn't substandard and you're getting good service from them. It's not the same in my case. We were unfortunate enough to transact business with an awful provider and the continuous ink system they installed in our printer was a complete failure. The printer now sits dormant on top of a table with the ink container still full. I'm going to have this checked by a different technician. I hope I succeed.