Aruba - my ideal vacation spot. What is yours?

Discussion in Travel started by Rhoda D'ettore • Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    It has been many years, but I once took a trip to Aruba that lasted nine days. I stayed in a hotel that owned a private island and we water taxied from the lobby of the hotel to the island. This was great because we did not have the peddlers that you normally see on the beaches, and the island rented boats, Jet Skis and other equipment that could be charged to the room. Aruba had the perfect weather of 80 degrees year round with a breeze and no humidity. The water was the same temperature as the air which meant you didn't get a cold shock when you jumped in the water. The snorkeling was amazing, and it almost never rains or has hurricanes. This was quite different from Bahamas that left me with 8 days of rain and 65 degree temps that made it too cold to go swimming.

What is your perfect destination place and why?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't heard of Aruba before. Thanks for sharing your experience. I will read up more about the place. Bahamas is definitely on my list. I don't have any "perfect destination" though. It's my dream to travel the world. Maybe only then can I decide which one is perfect.

3. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I never heard about Aruba but my my ideal vacation spot is Paris. I went there a couple of years ago with my family and then I fall in love with Paris because whole city was amazing. I must say this city has worth to visit there. You can plan your long trip to this city to have great vacations. calebmelvern ! can you share your information about Aruba?

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aruba is one my list of places to visit.

My ideal or dream vacation is a spa on the island of St. Lucia. The spa has a vacation package called the Body Holiday. The spa package is inclusive. You can receive spa treatments every day. The island is exquisitely beautiful. I haven't had my Body Holiday yet, but I will within the next three years or so.

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Rhoda D'ettore! Aruba is a magnificent island and offers several tourist attractions. Once I visited it with my family and we had done a great fun there. We explored its numerous destinations. Here I am sharing the names of my favorite places of this region.
    I. Eagle Beach
    II. Palm Beach
    III. Boca Catalina
    IV. Arashi Beach
    V. Manchebo Beach
    VI. Malmok Beach
    VII. Baby Beach
    VIII. Natural Pool
    IX. Arikok National Park
    X. De Palm Island

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    When I think of Aruba, I think of that girl who disappeared... I would just like to go to the same place my family has always gone at the coast. It's not warm, not truly sunny all that often, but it's what I grew up with. We hardly ever truly vacationed at all. Now it's been so many years since I went anywhere I don't think I even know how to vacation.

7. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I am pleased to see the active participation by the members and answer me in a good way. All of you have shared nice views especially Ashlee, you guide me in an impressive way. Baby Beach, Natural Pool sounds unusual names right..? Are these places looking like their names or their names are just due to any accident which happened there?

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind a little cold as long as it's followed by a joyous burst of spring flowers and chirping birds. One of my ideal vacation spots (there are too many to mention) is Malta. It's a little island off the coast of Southern Europe. The whole country's a fortress, surrounded by great walls and stone structures. It has this medieval feel about it along with a Mediterranean-like weather. I wish to go there someday.

9. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    When I think of Aruba, I think of my Dad. He is no longer with us but Aruba was his favorite island to travel to via cruise ship. He told me several times that he loved it and that he wanted me to go there at least once. So, this is one of the most important goals in my bucket list. I know that when I get there, I will be able to feel that he is still with me. I have seen pictures of the island and talked to others who have been there and everyone loved it. I am looking forward to going there. Thanks for reminding me and giving me that happy memory again.

10. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Another incredible place is Alaska. I had no idea that Alaska is bigger in area than mainland USA. I always thought it was cold, but it was 75 and sunny, I had short sleeves on. I took a cruise, and when we went north to the glaciers, I had a light jacket on, but it wasn't bundled up crazy like you would think. The ship used a crane to drop a block of ice into our pool, then they heated it and it was the cleanest water I ever swam in. The air was clean and amazing. I swam with sealions, but could not go dogsledding due to a winter storm north of us. I suggest everyone go there once, but between Jun-Aug. I went in Sept and missed the northern lights.

11. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I had a perfect vacation place, but there are so many I can't name them all. I love the beach and the good weather, I love waves too, so I guess Hawaii would be an obvious choice, on the other hand there are loads of other places as well that are great as well.

12. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee ! I am impressed to see your information related to Aruba. If I am not wrong I think you had a quality of time there and love to know the history of every site which you have visited during your tours. Would you like to mention which is your favorite place in Aruba and how many times did you visited it?
    florida2015 ! I am feeling sad to read that your father is not longer with you. I think you should go there to visit his favorite place and really in this way you will feel inner satisfaction.

13. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Jamaica! I absolutely love it. Beautiful weather and they have waterfalls you can climb. I have had the best tour guides there. Every time I am there I also have at least one man ask me to marry them (big women are admired there) and I went in a store one time and the skinny shop clerk declared she was jealous of my hips. The following are things I have done there: climbed a waterfall, gone jungle tubing, and visited a hummingbird sanctuary. Can't wait to go back.

14. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    sthrngypsy ! your favorite place sounds cool. let me know about the hill stations and waterfalls of this region; don't forget to tell me which is your favorite place in Jamaica. My ideal vacation spot to spend a lovely time is pedestrian shopping street to have fun there. Did you ever visit there?

15. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to go to New Zealand, I am fond of rural countryside landscapes which are largely untouched by man. The fact that many Lord of the Rings locations were filmed there is also a nice bonus, as a fan of the movies.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to google Aruba, as I have never heard of it before. Thank you for the insider tip. :)
    One of my favorite places is the island of Crete. I have been there many times, and absolutely adore the mentality and culture of the people, as well as the stunning landscape. It's a place where I feel at home, and where I would like to live one day.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really have any perfect destination in mind as my taste changes with the times and with my age, but I have some places that I've always wanted to visit like France and Japan. I don't really care much for vacationing in these countries or any other, really, as much as I'd just like to stay for an extended period of time and properly immerse myself into their culture.

18. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    My dream destination is Niagara Falls because I am a nature lover. Its gorgeous sights always fascinate me. I have visited this natural wonder many times and each time it makes my tour memorable. Maid of Mist Boat tour, Cursing and nature photography are my favorite things to do in Niagara Falls.

19. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Garryson! The Niagara Falls is not a bad option according to me it is the wonderful place not only for the nature lovers but also for all people. I am also a nature lover and I have visited it three times in my life. It offers breathtaking views to all. I love to do their photography and boating. These are my favorite of hobbies of this magical land.

20. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    Ashlee! According to your above shared views about Niagara Falls. It seems that you have visited this lovely splendor of nature. Am I right Ashlee? If yes then must share your experience about your Niagara Falls tour and let us know which is the most fascinating point of this waterfall; in your opinion?