Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gmckee1985 • Oct 24, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    These are two companies that compete against each other furiously, as they are the two biggest donut/baker shops in the country. Dunkin Donuts is known more for it's coffee and specialty drinks, while Krispy Kreme is generally seen as the place to go when you need some donuts. Which company do you prefer? I spend more money at Dunkin Donuts because I'm a big coffee drinker. I also think they have good, affordable donuts. I'll admit Krispy Kreme has some decent donuts but their coffee and frappacinos leave a lot to be desired.

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    We don't have Krsipy Kreme here. The direct competitor to Dunkin' Donuts in my area is Shipley Donuts. Between the two, I prefer Dunkin Donuts. I don't think there is much difference as far as the actual donuts go, since they are very good at both places, but I prefer the coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

3. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    There isn't a Krispy Kreme where I live so I would choose Dunkin Donuts. I love the donuts there. In addition to the donuts, I get the brownies or cookies. When I am not in the mood for that, I can always buy the sandwiches which are really good. I wouldn't mind checking out Krispy Kreme if there were one in my neighborhood because I have heard some good things about it.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both, but Dunkin is more convenient and I like the dark hot chocolate there as sometimes I don't want a coffee. Both places have okay coffee, but Krispy Kreme have more chocolate on their donuts, though Dunkin are more affordable for a quick bite.

Dunkin has more choices for snacks and other drinks so sometimes I don't have a donut but a savory snack instead.

5. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Krispy Kreme has superior donuts. It's not just my opinion, as Dunking Donuts stores in PR have closed recently. Krispy Kreme came here years after Dunking was established but quickly became the publics favorite.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Krispy Kreme a lot more because I like the softness of their doughnuts. I also don't drink that much coffee anymore although I would admit that when I did, DD was actually one of my favorite go to places for it. Not so much for the donuts though. Now I drink mostly the cold milk shakes that KK offers and I am absolutely addicted to them. I'd love to drink one everyday if only they weren't so full of sugar.

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    They really are kind of complementary. Dunkin Donuts make better tasting donuts than Krispy Kreme, but Krispy Kreme makes more delicious drinks than DD. When I need donuts I go to DD and grab what I want to eat on the go. But really, for takeaways I think Dunkin Donuts don't compare to KK. The donuts would have been all finished once we arrived, which is why I guess for takeaways we get Krispy Kreme donuts.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    DesignerMum, that's certainly a new perspective. Most people I talk to think DunkinDonuts has better coffee and KrispyKreme better donuts. Not the other way around. What donuts do you enjoy from Dunkin Donuts? And what drinks do you usually get from Krispy Kreme? Just curious.

9. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    DD has those chocolate creme fillings and the plains with relatively less calories if I just eat a couple of them. KK has those shakes that I wouldn't usually buy for myself, but my sisters and cousins would get those for us when they visit. I think they're sweet enough. I usually get black coffee from DD.

#9Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone was so excited when the opened a Krispy Kreme near where I lived. I, however, can't stand their doughnuts, they are so sweet they don't even taste good, it's like all I can taste is the sugar and it overpowers everything else and makes me feel sick. I haven't had Dunkin Doughnuts in so long I don't really remember them too well, but I am pretty sure there was more flour and less sugar, which I always prefer. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anymore.

11. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I like all of the donuts at Dunkin Donuts. I also get regular coffee there, but I do put creme and sugar in it. I've never been able to enjoy just regular black coffee. At Krispy Kreme I enjoy the rasberry filled donuts. Tried their iced coffee and coffee before, but wasn't very impressed with it.

12. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I truly find it hard to believe that anyone who has the chance to try both, would find Dunkin' Donuts to be the better one, but as stated in this thread, there are some people that do. Krispy Kreme is the greatest thing to ever contribute to diabetes. :p The only thing better than having a Krispy Kreme in your metropolitan area is being able to live within five minutes of that Krispy Kreme, so you can plan your day around when that red light is about to go on and grab a box when they are fresh off the rollers. That is an experience that everyone should be able to experience at least once in their lifetime.

13. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I live within shouting distance of a Krispy Kreme. This is dangerous for me. There is nothing (NOTHING) better than a hot and ready Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut. But, they practically force you to buy a dozen since it's only a dollar more than a half dozen. Several days in, the doughnuts have lost their fresh flavor and we're just making ourselves sick on excess sugar. Dunkin Donuts has way better coffee and their seasonal doughnuts are better.

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like donuts from both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts, but I love Dunkin Donuts coffee. If I had to make a choice between getting a doughnut or getting coffee, I'd take the coffee. I like it that much. We don't have either one of these nearby where I live, but I can get a package of the Dunkin Donuts coffee sometimes. Delicious.

15. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    This is going to be one of those moments where people question me lol, but I've never actually been to a Dunkin Donuts. I have been to Krispy Kreme though so I can say that they offer good stuff. I'm not a big doughnut eater though, I just don't have much of a sweet tooth, never have. I'm gonna have to say though, with the amount of people I hear talking about Krispy Kreme over Dunkin Donuts, I'd have to agree and say Krispy Kreme is probably better.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I grew up with Dunkin Donuts so it has and will always have a special place in my heart. I like Krispy Kreme too but if I indulge in their donuts, I'm going to run the risk of getting diabetes (heaven forbid). I have a family history of diabetes on both sides. Although I like their glazed donuts, the rest of their offerings are too sweet to handle. Dunkin Donuts perfectly blends sweetness with that rich dough taste. I love their coffee and their hot chocolate drink.