Best in-flight perks?

Discussion in Travel started by kbroder9 • Oct 25, 2014.

1. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    What airline is best for perks once you're already on the plane? Free snacks, free alcohol, pillows, blankets, free headphones, free Internet, free movies, etc? I know Southwest still has free snacks (peanuts, pretzels, or cookies generally) and I believe free soft drinks are pretty standard on most flights. Are there other perks on board that make you go back to one airline over another without being nickel and dimed over everything? I know once I'm on the flight I really don't feel like continuing to pay for things! Any perks that you're definitely willing to pay for?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I know Singapore Airlines gives pretty great service, with free alcohol, a very nice in-flight entertainment system and some of the best airline food I've eaten. However it's also fairly expensive compared to most other carriers.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like virgin because they have free wifi, drinks, and power outlets. I don't remember if they have snacks but they do have decent snack boxes you can purchase for 5 or 6 dollars. I also like their screen ordering system. I prefer to fly with them but if I can find a significantly cheaper ticket I'll go with the cheapest airline.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our local airline always has a promo where you can avail of flights for as low as 2 cents, of course excluding fuel surcharge, travel tax and airport terminal fee. Still, compared to the usual plane fare, it's a bargain that's really worth it. In some of the flights I was lucky enough to book, I got to enjoy a few free snacks or freebies (giveaway pouch or stuffed toy).