Best cell phone provider

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gmckee1985 • Oct 25, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm shopping around for a new plan. So far I'm leaning towards Sprint. Looking to buy a new phone + plan. I was with Verizon Wireless and they were costing me in access of $120 per month just for me. I just can't justify spending that much on cell phone use anymore. Who do you guys suggest? I need something that is $80 or below per month.

2. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I had a contract with AT&T and that ended about a year ago. Since then I've tried to find something that would work for me.

If you aren't opposed to a no-contract phone plan, here are some options.

I brought my old iPhone 4S onto the AT&T prepaid plan. It's the AT&T GoPhone. The plan is $60/month and I've found that it works for me and my needs. I'm actually looking to switch to Straight Talk at the moment because the plan I am on will be only $45.

I prefer the no-contract phone plans. I like that I'm not locked into a contract and I can switch to other providers whenever I want. I'm not paying $100+ every month and I've saved a lot of money over the past year.

AT&T/GoPhone Rate
    at&t.

Straight Talk/Rates
    straigthtalk.

Hopefully this helps you out a little. Good luck on your plan search. :)

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'm on Republic Wireless and couldn't be happier. I have one of the best phones for Android in the Moto X and I only pay $32 and a little change a month. I don't talk on the phone enough to justify the 4G service and to be honest, I probably could drop down to the plan where I only talk on Wi-Fi, but for the occasional times where I would want to do something regardless of Wi-Fi service, I "overpay" with the 3G plan.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    There is no such thing as a general best, because that is a oxymoron and contradictory; but if you are asking what is the best cell phone service that is most beneficially best for me, then I have to say the cheapest my phone can operate on, which has been either T-mobile or MetroPCS. Yes, I have had other services in the past like Verizon and Sprint, but such higher paying services are ordinated for more well off people who do way more traveling than I. I rarely use my phone to call or text, and do not travel much abroad, hence I choose MetroPCS as my phone service provider - plus it doesn't have a contract and I can cancel without a fee every month if I cannot pay for it.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like contracts so I go for T-mobile, but it depends on your needs. The good thing about T-mobile you can swap out of tariffs with a months notice like a rolling contract and even go on to pay as you go if you can't decide. I've done that and you can do it online too. I have my own phone so I don't need theirs, but I like flexibility.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm with Virgin Mobile, but my phone was damaged last week. I'm not sure if I want to stay with them so I'm looking around. I just don't have to stomach to sign a long term contract and pay close to $100 per month. I'm leaning towards Sprint too. They have good service in my area. If you're thinking about Sprint makes sure the service is strong where you live. Sprint is in the process of updating their network and you might have problems where you live.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Verizon, and have used that for many years now. It seems like they have the very best reception and you can call from areas where some of the other cell phones do not work.
    Originally, we had a kind of plan where you could call other Verizon customers and it didn't count against your minutes. Since most of my family also had Verizon, that worked out very well for us.We also had evenings and weekends free; so anyone that was not on Verizon, I would call on weekends; like my friend who lives out west and doesn't have cell phone reception there.
    Now, we just have a plan that has unlimited talk and text; so I don't have to worry about when I call someone. However, it still makesme mad when I get a telemarketer calling on my cell phone because they don't know that it isnot costing extra for me to take their call and say that I am not interested in whatever they are selling.