Outlander Series

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by kbroder9 • Oct 26, 2014.

1. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    Has anyone read the entire Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? I'm almost completely caught up besides the last book (which I can't wait to start, it's just always such a journey to get through a book, I don't feel ready yet!) What was your favorite book? Have you seen the tv series? What have you thought so far? I'm really enjoying the episodes and think the casting was great and did a really nice job setting up the series and getting through the initial chapters. Thoughts?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not although I've been wanting to read it for some time now. The book's really thick it'll take me days to finish reading and with my current schedule which includes a full-time job, a bunch of online gigs and a cause-oriented group, I doubt I'll be able to finish reading in a week. Gone are my bookworm days. I do love Game of Thrones so after I finish the fourth season, I'll try watching the Outlander TV series. I love time travel plots, so this one's going to click for me big-time.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read some of the Outlander series, but not all of them. I think I read about the first 4-5 books maybe. I read the first one and just loved it, then read the next ones as fast as i could check them out from the library. By the time I had finished a few of thoe books, and they were living in America, and building the log cabin; I just kind of lost interest. Bythen, it was almost a Pioneer story anstead of more like a time travel experience.
    Eventually, I will probably read more of the series; but at this point, I haven't even been thinking of finishing any more books.
    As far as the TV version, I read that it was going to be a television series; but I am not a big fan of television, and I have not watched it at all.