Eyebrow trimming

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Women trim their eyebrows all the time, but I was not aware that this is becoming more and more fashionable for men too. If you're a woman, do you enjoy seeing a man with their eyebrows trimmed? If you're a guy, would you do it?

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I had my eyebrows trimmed the other day and my cousin looked at me like I have committed some sort of sin. I like my eyebrows trimmed just a bit so that it doesn't look gayish.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Really? LOL. I didn't know this. I guess it's okay for some men. However, I would not want my boyfriend to do this. It would just look so weird! Would he wear eyebrow liner as well to make it look more groomed? LOL. :p

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only straight guy that I know that had trimmed eyebrows was Abs from the defunct boy bad 5ive. It looked good on him. For me, as long as the brows are still thick and not that curved that it makes them look gay, then I guess it's ok.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a guy and I've seen how much trimming eyebrows has become trendy among some guys who do it. You can exclude me from that trend. I have great looking, shaped and thick eyebrows that I would rather not even tamper with at all, as it's one of the highlighting features of my facial looks.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to hang out with a friend who owned a barbershop a few years back. Some men would ask the barbers to trim their eyebrows. The barbers, any time they got such a demand weren't too happy but since the customers wish was their command . . .

IMHO eyebrow trimming for men is rather disgusting.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's how I feel as well. I was once in the hairdresser and the woman cutting my hair wanted to trim my eyebrows and I told her, hey!, what are you doing lol... She smiled as well and never tried to do that again... :D

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a woman, I don't necessarily want to see a man with trimmed eyebrows. I have noticed that a lot of young actors with trimmed eyebrows. I do admit that I do like the look, but it's not necessary. I have seen some older men with eyebrows so wild that they point in ten different directions. They could really do with a little bit of trimming.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oho, that's really really funny. I didn't know that either. I rarely trim my eyebrows unless the handlers at the salon insist. Anyhow, although it's funny how guys are now having their eyebrows trimmed nowadays, but I'm not that surprised. A lot of Asian guys, especially those who belong to the Gyaru and KPOP movements, sport guyliners. It's about time this form of vanity extends to the eyebrows too. I don't encourage it but... to each his own.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'm all for neat looking men, so if they have wooly eyebrows, then at least brush those Chewbaccas before you leave the house. Personally, I am upset with women for allowing men to look like such slobs while conforming to each and every demand to look their best. When I am at work, I see 75% of the women who pass by look like they actually put some effort into leaving the house and 85% of men that shouldn't even wear what they have on, in the house. And they have women on their arms, it's pathetic.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't know if I would be able to tell if someone had trimmed their eyebrows or not. I used to pluck a few hairs on mine now and then but I don't think anyone knew I had done that or that I got lazy and forgot about it. Unless you have a unibrow which you really don't like, I don't think it is that important or makes that much difference in your appearance. Personally, I don't even notice if someone has a unibrow or not, I don't think it is unattractive at all, just they way that person's brows are.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not even that crazy about women feeling the need to trim their eyebrows in most instances, so I definitely think it's unnecessary for the majority of men. But if they want to and it makes them feel good, why not? I think that should be the key thing- not if it's trendy or not if x amount of women like it, but just if the guy is happy with it or not. To each their own.

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Some women look totally ridiculous Jessi because they don't trim it, they shave it totally away almost, so they look pretty funny. As for men, sure, why not, if they like it they should go for it. I'd never do it though, I think they would grow stronger later.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to see men who take good care of their appearance, but there is such a thing as having "overdone" eyebrows, and it doesn't look good on neither men nor women.
    In certain countries women have pencil lines for eyebrows, which looks quite grotesque to me, but each to their own. Too much waxing can give one an artificial and dramatic look, whereas simply trimming unruly and bushy eyebrows can do wonders for one's overall appearance.

15. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I like to see my husband well groomed. Every time he gets his hair and face lined, he gets his eyebrows trimmed a little. I have no proble with men getting trimmed as long as it don't make them look to feminine. I do not see any difference with a guy getting his eyebrows trimmed and a guy keeping his nails and feet done. It's not gay to me it just shows that the man likes to stay groomed and looking his best at all times.

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    The main issue for me is not the trimming in itself, even so I find that I could look a little funny or girlish, it's just the fact that when you cut a hair it will grow strong and I already have enough to shave in my face, so I don't need another place to worry about.

17. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Omigosh, I'm happy that body hair maintenance is finally becoming socially acceptable for men. My husband has always been a bit on the metrosexual side, so he's always maintained his body hair like a woman, and I've never complained. I think you can go overboard, but on the whole, no, it is not weird to me to have a man tweeze his unibrow and yes, it is preferable to maintain rather than just let the hair go nuts up there.

I kind of put it in the same boat as keeping a beard or facial hair neat.

18. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, I agree that many men do it, I always remember by 20 year old nephew who is proud of being hair free where he considers convenient and says that the ones that don't do it are like apes, I just don't see it like that, I like my hairs where they are. :)

19. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    It's a distraction to me when I see a man with really long stray eyebrow hairs poking out like a mini cowlick, but he needn't go so far as to pay someone to get them done. Shoot. Just get your little scissors out and whack those suckers off. However, if you have a very defined unibrow you might want to get them (it) done.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it weird when men wax/thread/tweeze their eyebrows, it just doesn't seem right. It still doesn't work for me even if they are metrosexual. I do know that some men have very thick hair and may have a monobrow, in which case I don't see anything wrong with a quick tidy up job. But NOT a full on brow-shaping job. If they have to, I'd say men should just use a small pair of scissors to trim those little "fly away" hairs that may have grown a little longer than the rest of the eyebrow.