Have You Ever Built A Website?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by DesignerMum • Oct 28, 2014.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays you can outsource practically anything you need to get done to other people. Tasks that were used to be very difficult are now easily completed with the help of devoted online workers. You can partially do the design and then have a knowledgeable freelancer do the rest of the work that you are not familiar with, for only a portion of the fee. There are online packages for building your own web. You get to focus only on the concept while the copywriter and the designer would work on the site on your budget. You can shop for the design and tweak in your own time.

Have you ever used any online service to build a website? What was your experience like?

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried to build or design a website for myself to e honest with you here. I have been a professional blogger for last couple of years, but instead of doing everything by myself, I prefer to pay some fees to let others do the tough part for me and then I take on the job from thee.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always wanted to build my own website as I think it is really a cool thing to do. As a computer science students it is time I start building few things and enjoy the benefit of all the languages I have learnt till now. I would soon build a new website.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've built a couple of websites using template software before, but you're always better off writing the HTML and CSS for the site yourself. You can customize every aspect of the site to your liking, and it's not that difficult to learn either design language. Well, CSS is a complement to HTML anyways. Template options are always decent enough, though.

5. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I have not started a website. However, I started my own blog. I even joined a WordPress group to advertise and get traffic to my blog. Oh, goodness! I went through hell. One of my blogs I received help with GoDaddy.com for setting it up. I continued with the WordPress group. People on that website helped me make the blog run more smoothly. Yet, I devoted so much time to my blog that I ceased writing enough to make any money.
    Until I can create a great blog type website that can keep track of individual threads, then I would never again devote time to my own self-created blog. I can hardly monitor any blog, let alone write and make money enough to live.

6. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I was really into building a website when I was a teen so I taught myself how. I also had a few classes in college that went over different types of code. I can still do it if I need to but my skills are a little rusty. I'm sure that there are a bunch of new tricks and info that I don't know about since I haven't done it in a few years.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't have to be a web designer or programmer to know a thing or two about HTML or CSS coding. There are lots of DIY books that will show you the ropes of building your own website. If you don't have enough time to spare, however, you can always use Wix and Weebly. These two sites offer easy-to-do web designing and linking features. I was able to create two basic websites, thanks to such programs.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't build websites, but rather use blog and forum software. Nonetheless, I think people should know basic web design, so they can see things under the hood. It's sort of like having some knowledge of computers, even though your not a computer tech.

#8Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been blogging for almost 5 years now. For creating my own website, I have availed of the free website builder site like the wordpress and the blogger. I started with the blogger for my 6 blog sites. I got only one in the wordpress platform. It is as easy as ABC to create a website. It is a self-explanatory as long as you know how to follow instruction.

In fact, there are

to creating a website and they are easy to use. Just an instant, you can have a website of your own. The next step is to fill it with your posts or whatever you want for your website.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I was learning HTML and was looking forward to building my own website but never never took the initiative to its logical conclusion. However, I have built websites using simple and free software in sites that require no knowledge of HTML like Wealthy Affiliate which uses Jaaxy.

11. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I've made some websites in the past but not recently because I'm busy with a lot of stuff. All I can say is, it's creating websites can be both rewarding and not, of course it depends on the contents that you have in your website. Actually one of the websites I've created still exists today but unfortunately I can no longer access it because it's been 13 years now since I've created it. I'm actually planning to build one again next year for the business that we are going to start. Hope everything goes well.

12. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think using blog software or DreamWeaver is website creation. Actual website creation from scratch is normally an inceredibly difficult process taking a lot of skill and many hours or days. Nonetheless, the finished product could be sold as a ready-made template, possibly making the effort worth it.

Does anyone feel making things from scratch is worth the trouble? Well, for one thing, it let's you understand how a website works. It's sort of like tearing a car apart, and then fixing it back to see how it runs.

13. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    Yes! First things first, CMS is a content management system. It's used by non-programmers for creating their websites. How does it work? You download software from official website, getting an admin panel. Through it you add all content, pictures, videos to your website in... well, human language, and it converts all this into browser's language.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I tried making my own blog website but not tried doing it with HTML codes. I am only doing websites with website builders like Weebly, Wordpress and Wix since I think they are more convenient and easy for me. I do know how to do HTML and some of it's codes but not that expert that's why I settle with website builders and I'm planning to try the paid one to see how it works compared with the free version.

15. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have built half a dozen websites. Some of them are fully functioning whereas some of my websites are under construction. I am not a programmer, and I don't have any knowledge on HTML and CSS, I built my website from DYI guides. However, I want to hire a professional to do some makeover on my websites.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have always some grand visions of staring a website and operating a business and having everything work out like that. Maybe one day it actually will, but until then it is just a dream I guess.