Gone Girl

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gin0710 • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    It's been out for a while, but have you seen it yet? Did you read the book before you saw it or did you start reading the book after you saw it? I know the author was involved with the adaptation of the book to the film and my mom says it was pretty parallel to the book. I thought it was a great psychological thriller movie that reminded me a lot of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. It was a great movie!

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard about this film, as it seems to be collecting praise for it. However, I've neither read the book or seen the movie, though you can bet from all the positive response that I'll be seeing it soon. I've seen the trailer too and that looks very interesting and makes the movie appear promising. So soon enough I will have a look at it and likely find it to be a solid movie.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've read the book months ago and unfortunately i haven't seen the movie yet. It's a bummer because i was really looking forward to the film adaptation but I've just been really swamped lately that i couldn't find the time to go to the movies. The book was really great and is so far the best psychological thriller book I've read. I'm planning to just watch it online, i know the experience is not the same compared to seeing it on the huge screen but i really don't have other options now. :(

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I went to see the movie last week. Definitely glad I did. Best movie I've seen in a while. I'm not typically a fan of Ben Afleck but he did a really nice job on this one. I'd probably give it a 7.5 out of 10. A very interesting, twisted, edgy thriller that keeps you guessing from start to finish. Takes a lot of unexpected turns. Definitely check it out.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot of good things about this movie. I don't often go to the movies, but I think I will make an effort to see it. I'm a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock's movies. I even enjoy the black and white ones. The little known ones are my favorites.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man. This book was so twisted! I was really eager for the movie but at the same time, I think it is going to be a tough one to watch. I also heard it was very similar to the book. That means it's going to be a twisted movie. Hah.

I just hope Ben Affleck does his role justice. He has not been my favorite ever. I hope he makes it believable. I like the actress they got for the lead female role (I like her on "The Leftovers").