How many Tupperware do you have?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Oct 29, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think we all use Tupperware or similar boxes in our homes, where else would we store food? I probably have around 20 Tupperware boxes, they have been serving me well in the last years, so I don't buy them often these days. How many Tupperware do you have?

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of Tupperware containers. They're used for preserving left over food, packing food to take with me on my day out or used to pack and send food to people I know. There are plenty of them under my counter where my pots are also kept. Summing them up, I say I possess about 50.

3. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I did have a lot until my boyfriend threw it all out. I stored them under the sink and I also had some plastic containers that I had washed and saved from takeaway food. My boyfriend noticed that some of the takeaway containers were cracked and asked what he should do. I told him to throw them all out. He took me to my word and threw every single container out, including the actual tupperware boxes. What I meant was to throw the cracked takeaway contianers away, not the entire contents of the cupboard.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot, too many to count. I also just bought a 20 piece set. I use them for a variety of reasons not just storing food. I also like to cook my meals for the week on Sunday. I also cut up veggies for the week and store them in plastic containers. They are so convenient. They make it easy to grab a snack and go.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We also have a lot of them at home, both Tupperware and other brands. I think we have more than 30 plastic containers over here.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    We have a lot of Tupperware around the house. All sizes, colors, shapes and function. Some I bought myself, some are gifts and some I "inherited" from my mother. It's really durable and I've been using most of it for several years now. We also have a few "Lock & Lock" non-spill plastic containers but I still prefer Tupperware brands. :)

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have about 35 Rubbermaid containers with the easy find lids that click together. I like it because the lids don't get lost and the lids to some small containers fit the other larger containers in the set.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Wow, 35 is a huge number, why do you need so many? I think I've told this here on the forum before, but when my kid was a baby I froze is soup in small boxes, so I had maybe 12 of them, but they seem to have disappeared over the years.

9. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Wow.. would you all mind mailing me some please? lol I rarely cook so I do not have much. I even use paper plates and plastic ware. How lazy and horrible is that?

I'll tell you what tupperware is awesome for if you ever need to--mailing. I sometimes see relatives mail packages to each other and they use the tupperware as protection. It keeps the items from getting damaged and also keeps the item shut tight.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm afraid I have not counted how many Tupperware containers we have. We still use them for storing fruit and macaroni chicken salads or spaghetti whenever someone's having a birthday. In my estimation, however, we have three major Tupperware boxes, one round Tupperware and around six mini boxes which we once used as alternative lunch boxes. Most of our new containers are from Lock&Lock.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have very many, and the ones I have were all given to me when my grandmother's house was cleaned out. I do not think tupperware is really worth the cost. There are so many less expensive storage containers on the market now. For me, I have been a big yogurt eater, so I have saved many of these quart size containers and use them to store leftovers. They are very flexible even though they are of course food grade plastics, so they don't break easily even when frozen.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    One thing I've noticed is that most tupperware don't handle well the microwave, so I've damaged a few good boxes doing that, but now I guess it's too late. At the same time, I noticed that the plastic has changed, it seems to be harder now, easier to hand wash, but not as durable.