Shower in the morning or in the evening?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 29, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually I shower every morning, except if I am doing sports during the day or at night, in that case I shower immediately after exercising. With my kids it's the opposite, I shower them at the end of the day, no way they can go to bed like that lol. When do you usually shower?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    My kids also all bathe right before bed. The oldest is only 7. I find that they are dirtiest at the end of the day and morning baths or showers would make getting to school on time very difficult.

My youngest is currently 10 weeks old, so I will shower whenever I can. I don't even shower every day. I stay home with my little ones, so I very often find a mid afternoon shower to be a good pick-me-up instead of taking a nap. It is actually rare that I shower in the morning. My hair takes a while to dry and style, so it is almost easier to shower late in the day and touch up my hair the next morning.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always shower late in the afternoon after completing my chores. Since I normally wake up late every morning, and I usually like taking my time in the shower, it would be pretty inconvenient since I'd start working late and that would directly affect the amount of milk I get from the cows or the eggs I'll collect from the poultry I keep.

So showering in evening for me is always best. All the work is done. Be in the shower for 15 — 20 minutes and relax.

#3Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was raised to shower in the morning and leave it at that. But when I was in secondary school a school friend of mine was describing her morning routine to us, because she was always late to school. She mentioned her routine and I asked her if she didn't shower, and she said that she always showered at night. I thought that it was the most unsanitary thing at the time. I mean, she never smelled or anything. Her breath was another story, but as far as her body, she never smelled. But during the night - during sleep - we all sweat. So you aren't clean in the mornings even if you do shower or bathe the night before to save time in the morning.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I shower in the morning, except for the very rare event that I have to leave so early that I know I won't be able to get up on time. I don't understand how anyone that has experienced puberty can still believe that they are fresh and clean after a night of sleep, I'll leave it at that. :rolleyes: Even when I was a child and took a bath at night, I still had to get up to take a washoff in the morning, so it's always been a morning thing in my household.

6. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a night person so I have been showering at night for many years. It was cruel enough to have to get up at some ungodly hour to go to work without having to get up even earlier to shower. Besides I love going to sleep clean, with clean sheets, clean blankets, clean pjs, nice lavender spray on the pillows...I would not like to go to sleep grimy from having been getting dirty all day. Just my preference.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I shower both in the morning and in the evening. A cool morning shower helps to freshen you up and make sure that you are awake to start the day right! While a warm evening shower helps to soothe you after a rough day's work :)

I often shower once more before I sleep, if I have been sweating a little. I absolutely detest going to bed feeling sticky.

8. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shower in the mornings. It helps wake me up. Plus I don't like to bother with my hair at night. If I go to be without drying it it will be frizzy and crazy the next day. If I am really tired or if I've worked out I'll shower at night but that's it.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am going to have to agree. Not to say that I am judging anybody. But One of the reasons why we are encouraged to drink water in the mornings and throughout the day, after waking up, is because we sweat so much during sleep that our body needs to be re-hydrated. Every night, out bodies dehydrate during sleep and it if we want our body to function properly then it is up to us to re-hydrate ourselves. Even before puberty; I knew how necessary it is to shower after waking up. I have always been very careful about who I kissed and had sex with, and for reasons like this lol. I am a bit of a germaphobe. Some people bathe at night, and then have a top and tail wipe-down in the morning.

10. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Morning showers for me. It's like my signal to really wake up and get ready for the day. Not feeling "fresh" while working just makes me so unproductive. Lol.

11. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    As the mommy of a two week old newborn, I shower whenever I can get the time to do it. Sometimes it's in the early morning before she wakes up and sometimes it's when her daddy is playing with her. I typically prefer my showers in the morning and my fiance likes his at night -- so we keep the baby in alternate so we can shower.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree. The first thing in the morning shower is totally what wakes me up. It is definitely a signal of sorts, as you described above. Sometimes i feel groggy all through brushing my teeth and whatnot, but the moment my body is hit with hot water, it does something. Not sure if there is a scientific cause or what, but it definitely does something to dust the sleep from your eyes and swipe the grogginess out of your limbs. I love it. Even if I am not going anywhere, I enjoy the feeling.

13. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I prefer shower in the morning in summer on holidays. It keeps me fresh and energetic the whole morning. However, I usually shower in the evening because I usually have to rush to work in the morning. I got exhausted after a day's works. I need to shower in the evening to myself more relax and comfortable.

14. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Ideally, I shower in the morning and in the evening. I function better that way, although time constraints sometimes prevent me from the twice a day shower luxury. In my ideal world I would be able to take a long hot shower in the morning, and at least one long luxurious bubble bath every day or night as well.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, there is always that luxury too. I used to have a friend in secondary school who loved to have a lot of sex. She used to make a point of showing twice a day so that her body was always fresh, just in case the opportunity to get some penis arose during the day. She was prepared, and now that I look back she was definitely dedicated lol. she always smelled really nice. I couldn't shower twice a day every day though.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually shower early in the morning to feel thoroughly clean and refreshed. I rarely shower at night because it doesn't feel nice sleeping with wet hair. I don't have enough time to wait for it to dry up so I usually just take a half-bath without bothering to wash my hair. When morning comes, that's the time I take a shower and lather my hair with shampoo and conditioner.

17. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I normally shower in the morning and before bed. The reason I shower in the mornings is because I do not like going through the day feeling dirty. I love staying clean at all times. I shower before bed because I just simply cannot go to bed dirty or sweaty after a long day. As a married woman, things can happen during the night with your spouse so it is a must do, shower in the morning and before bed.

18. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depending on how hot it is, I often shower in the morning and in the evening. When it is exceptionally hot, I even have a third shower during the day. But, mind you, my showers are usually short and cold, so I am not wasting a lot of resources. Here every drop counts, and many people have no access to fresh water, which makes me even more aware of the amount of water that I use on a daily basis.

19. La.Oui

La.OuiNew Member

Threads:
    I bathe twice. Then again, I live in the tropics so it gets pretty humid. And since commuting usually means my hair ends up smelling smoke at the end of the day, I bathe after I come home from work. :)

20. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I must shower in the mornings. I will not effectively awake unless I shower in the mornings. I do not care if it's the summer or winter, I must shower in the mornings. Then I must drink coffee then I am able to face the mean and cruel world.
    Also, showering in the mornings allows me to rise my hair or scalp. I am at that age that I sweat throughout the night. I must rinse my scalp to feel fresh and able to comb through my natural African hair. Another thought has been that I was my hair with fragrant soaps. My hair is scented throughout the day. It smells nice. Even if I only use Ivory soap, that smells better than sweat.