You'll have to buy Xbox One or PS4 to play Dying Light.

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by wowtgp • Oct 29, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    If you were looking forward to this game being released on PS3 and Xbox 360, I have got some bad news for you. They have cancelled the port to old-gen consoles as they found out that those consoles were not able to run this game. So it's going to be current-gen only game.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Can't say that I'm too surprised. Console makers are always seeking more ways to drive people into purchasing their consoles. Just look at all the games which are console exclusive, despite modern PCs possessing the same, if not better capacity to play games! I'm still waiting for 60 fps options for most of my games, as well as ports of favorites like GTA V and Destiny...and plenty of console ports are capped at 30 fps :mad:

3. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    It's not the developers fault to e honest. These old gen consoles are too weak to run a game like Dying Light which is not only huge is size, but dense as well. Streets are filled with zombies everywhere. So they needed to move on from those old gen consoles to make something they wanted to make instead of compromising just for the sake of releasing this game on those platforms.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not surprising at all. The 360 and PS3 are going to be around for a little while longer because plenty of people haven't purchased the newer consoles. We need to get to the point where developers aren't creating as many games for the older consoles. Ports to the older consoles will continue to get worse and worse as developers start pushing the capabilities of the PS4 and One.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well that's not a surprise nor a cause for outrage. I mean, the old consoles are really old I mean, these bad boys have been killing it since 2005 and it's almost been 10 years now so I'm not surprised if they can't run the game in them.